Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP Where are we at?  (Read 3019 times)

JBL11554

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP Where are we at?
« on: March 25, 2018, 09:06:45 PM »

This has probably already been asked so please excuse me.  Will the Active Home Pro program ever be what it used to be with flags, conditions, etc.  I had paid years ago for the full blown program and lost it when my computer died.  Now I stuck with the bare bones program.  I've updated a while ago to what I believe is the latest (3.318).  I'm guessing with the new WiFi module that the old AHP program will disappear completely.  >*<

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: AHP Where are we at?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 09:19:01 PM »

it is possible to get AHP back registered along with smart macros and on alert as well as a couple of other non useful plugins using AHP-Lifejacket.
It will register AHP and 4 default plugins which come up registered to me.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 09:24:28 PM »

This has probably already been asked so please excuse me.  Will the Active Home Pro program ever be what it used to be with flags, conditions, etc.  I had paid years ago for the full blown program and lost it when my computer died.  Now I stuck with the bare bones program.  I've updated a while ago to what I believe is the latest (3.318).  I'm guessing with the new WiFi module that the old AHP program will disappear completely.  >*<

Might be time to look around for alternatives. If you're a dedicated Windows user the likes of http://activehomevista.site88.net/ might just be what you are looking for. Development is ongoing so may be worth your while going this route.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 09:32:08 PM »

ActiveHome vista uses the AHP SDK so you can't use the CM15 disconnected from the PC.
AHP-Lifejacket returns AHP ability to download to the interface.
However AHP I suspect is never going to connect to X10 Servers again nor will we see any new updates. :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 09:33:34 PM »

Last I checked, AHV could not download to the CM15. Has this changed? I also don't know if AHV supports flag conditions and DS security sensors.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 06:17:47 AM »

ActiveHome vista uses the AHP SDK so you can't use the CM15 disconnected from the PC.
AHP-Lifejacket returns AHP ability to download to the interface.
However AHP I suspect is never going to connect to X10 Servers again nor will we see any new updates. :(

Not being a Windows user if the CM15 was connected to a Raspberry Pi going this route https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/getstarted and AHV ran on it would it really matter. Could be an interesting challenge for someone to get this working if it has not already been tried.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 06:41:15 AM »

..... However AHP I suspect is never going to connect to X10 Servers again nor will we see any new updates. :(

It is genuinely sad that the CM15A is now forever a stand alone, with no server [cloud] connectivity . But AHP has been around for a VERY long. Even as great as AHP was (and in many ways still is). Technology has exploded in it's advancements. I don't know what X10's... or ANY Home Automation brand.... has planned for the future. But I'd hope that new products would reflect the available technology.

It was great to see the WM100 make it too the market. I hope more updates allow it to exploit the technology it's capable of. I'd love to see the WM100 have a RBPi "companion module".
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 06:56:01 AM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 07:07:46 AM »

Not being a Windows user if the CM15 was connected to a Raspberry Pi going this route https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/getstarted and AHV ran on it would it really matter. Could be an interesting challenge for someone to get this working if it has not already been tried.
I believe the problem is that X10 never released details on how the internal memory was organized for timers, macros, etc.

I've suggested using the RPi for macros, timers, etc. making the CM15A memory scheme irrelevant.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 07:11:03 AM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 07:52:25 AM »

... I've suggested using the RPi for macros, timers, etc. making the CM15A memory scheme irrelevant.

Yes you did!
The entire idea of using a Raspberry Pi... and the companion module idea was yours. And... it's a great idea which I hope MANY of us here support. Others.... like myself.... have followed your lead. Or came along with the same interests and ideas. The use of a Pi... is a great idea... and it's time has come.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.