🖥️ActiveHome Pro > ActiveHome Pro General

My Current Status

(1/15) > >>

BackAgain:
Not wanting to clutter other threads, I'll post this here.  Will also give me something to look back on and refer to if there are future problems.

AHP installed in x86 folder, Opens fine and shows Registered with three plugins.

CM15a installed and updated with timers downloaded to it.  Disconnected from PC and plugged into a centrally located outlet.

PLC01 also plugged into a centrally located outlet.

TM 751 plugged in out in garage (distant physically from units mentioned above) with antenna collapsed.  This is to help with coverage of remotes.  I had noticed some 'doubling' of commands when this unit was inside the house.  That may have been due to conflicts between it and the CM15.  That doubling is not happening currently since relocating it and collapsing the antenna.  It is NOT included as a module for any purpose in AHP.  The (HomeCode) 1 address is assigned to an appliance module in AHP and currently works fine.

For the moment, I seem to have coverage for all installed modules including those that were not working (garage and old style wall switches).

Unsure of Macros yet which is what started this latest quest.  Speculation is that the lack of Registration and the SmartMacros plugin may have been responsible.  I'll see if they work tonight and in the morning.

dhouston:

--- Quote from: BackAgain on June 28, 2017, 03:57:44 PM ---CM11 plugged in out in garage (distant physically from units mentioned above) with antenna collapsed.

--- End quote ---

What antenna?

Brian H:
The CM11A is a serial port controller. With NO X10 RF receiver or transmitter. So it has no antenna to fold over.

BackAgain:
Typo.  Corrected.  I'm very, very tired.  Did some concrete work today in between everything else.

BackAgain:
No go.

PLC01 acted up the next night again, so I unplugged it.  Appeared to start at about the time the Macros should have triggered, but none of the lights came on.

The next night (with the PLC01 removed), the macros still did not activate any lights even though they show in the AM.

AHP now shows 'Registered' including SmartMacros, and the file was downloaded again to the CM15 which is disconnected from the computer and plugged in at a central location.

Remote does activate all lights.  Macros do not activate any.  They're not even really macros, just 'On at night' set for each of three appliance modules with lamps plugged in (dimming not required, low wattage LED bulbs) and one with an On and Off time set for a battery charger in the garage.  Time Zone is set correctly in Hardware Configuration.

Note that these timers DID work with the same LED bulbs for months and the remotes DO turn them on and off, so the bulbs are not likely causing interference.  I don't know why they stopped working, but that's when I started trying to figure things out and thought the CM11 went bad.  Now I'm wondering if I've wasted $40 on the PLC01 and $50 on the CM15 since there is no change.

There is no coupler other than a simple capacitor inside the breaker panel, but given everything else, I'm not sure about spending more money on a different coupler.  There are some LAN devices on 2.4G, but since the remotes work without fail, I don't see them being the root cause.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version