Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: My Current Status  (Read 15851 times)

BackAgain

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: My Current Status
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2017, 06:54:33 PM »

Not yet.

Not yet.

No.  It DOES show the status change on screen though.  And like I said, the PLC01 blinks so something is being sent.

BackAgain

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2017, 09:10:44 PM »

Just a thought ...  the SR227 and one of the WS467s are fed from the Load side of a GFCI.  Could that block the powerline signal?

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2017, 09:28:12 PM »

Yes.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

BackAgain

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2017, 09:35:07 AM »

CM15a Reset, batteries removed, replaced, reset in Hardware Configuration.

USB port changed twice, one loaded drivers, etc.

No change on the installed "O" modules. 

Can the WS467s get 'confused' to where there have to have power removed to reset them?

Rigged another new (old stock), previously unused WS467 on a test cord with a 50w Incandescent lamp set to 'O" housecode and it works.

Going to pull the new SR227 and WS467 to rig on test cords and see what happens.

One problem I'm having is RF range for the remotes.  I can't be more than a few feet from  a receiver for the remotes to work.  CR12a, KR15a, UR19a, and Keychain Remote all seem to be about the same, but the first two are a bit better.  All have new batteries.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2017, 09:54:10 AM »

One problem I'm having is RF range for the remotes.  I can't be more than a few feet from  a receiver for the remotes to work.  CR12a, KR15a, UR19a, and Keychain Remote all seem to be about the same, but the first two are a bit better.  All have new batteries.
See the bottom of this webpage...
https://www.laser.com/dhouston/X10_feng_shui.html
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2017, 09:59:54 AM »

The RF Receiver in the CM15A has a reputation on not having a good receiving distance.
There are some modifications threads here. On how we improved the receiver.
About half of the receive antenna is inside the case glued around the inside of the case.
Some of us have unstuck it. Pulled it out and extended the plastic tube antenna.
Some have removed the antenna and wired in an RF jack. Then used an external antenna.
I have not used it but I have seen good things about the new X10 RF Repeater.
https://www.x10.com/x10-home-automation/specialty-devices/couplers-repeaters/sr751.html

Dave has some passive fixes on his forum and posted one of the links as I was composing.  :'
https://www.laser.com/dhouston/ImproveCM15A.html
https://www.laser.com/dhouston/X10_feng_shui.html

BackAgain

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2017, 06:36:12 AM »

18" wire taped to the CM15a didn't seem to make any difference in range.

Now I'm getting a USB device error though and can't communicate with the CM15a from the notebook.  Tried different ports.  Rebooted PC.

Getting annoyed with this whole system.  Doesn't seem worth the headaches.  Maybe there's a reason they went belly up.  Not gonna do the newer style 'hub' stuff from others though.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2017, 06:49:13 AM »

What was the USB error message?

Try taking the batteries out and disconnect the CM15A from the laptop.
Let it go disconnected for awhile.
Then set it back up and try again.
If it still does not work. If possible try it on a different computer.

Instability was one of the reasons. Some added the missing decoupling capacitors in the CM15A

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2017, 04:32:59 PM »

Can the WS467s get 'confused' to where there have to have power removed to reset them?
No, not really. But I have seen a Lamp Modules and Wall Switch modules "get stuck" while being dimmed and "appear" to be locked up not respond to any further commands. Turning off the light with local switch, or the breaker and the light can be turned back on or off but again locks up when dimmed.

Typically this is caused not by the switch, but by the bulb (LED, CFL, etc) starting to generate noise when dimmed, and at some point the generated noise overwhelms the X10 code so the module "locks up".
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2017, 06:00:32 PM »

If the switches are a later revision.
They also have Preset Dim and Soft Start.
If you have any of them they act differently from the older ones many of us used.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Newer_Wall_Switches_and_Preset_Dim
The Lamp Modules with Soft Start also do not dim all the way down to 0%. More like 20%-30% depending on the bulb being used.

BackAgain

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2017, 02:03:50 PM »

Typically this is caused not by the switch, but by the bulb (LED, CFL, etc) starting to generate noise when dimmed, and at some point the generated noise overwhelms the X10 code so the module "locks up".

The three WS467s in question have been in place for 5 years or more and all have one or more incandescents or halogens.  One three head track light and two ceiling fan fixtures.  They may be the only fixtures left that don't have CFLs or LEDs.

I'd hate to pull the batteries from the CM15a which would dump the memory and not be able to reprogram it from the PC if it still won't connect via USB.  May try another PC at some point, but I'm just too irritated with the whole system right now.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2017, 10:00:47 PM »

I'd hate to pull the batteries from the CM15a which would dump the memory and not be able to reprogram it from the PC if it still won't connect via USB.  May try another PC at some point, but I'm just too irritated with the whole system right now.

The batteries don't affect the CM15 mem they only maintain the clock.
I actually haven't had batteries in my cm15 in over 3 years.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2017, 01:06:46 PM »

sounds like something i have faced and finally was able to get it working. It all started after changing to LED lights. All of a sudden the lights stared to turn on by themselves and PC01 light would keep flickering and CM15A activity log would record hundred of entries. Disconnecting PC01 would stop the unnecessary activity but then the range problem would come up. So changed Pc01. It worked for a while and restarted all over again. Then replaced with V572RF. Same story all over. In the meantime removed some devices that looked were the noise maker/signal suckers.

Finally got the system to work and it has been working for few months now. All it took was replacing ACT 236 phase coupler with phase coupler from Jeff@jvde.us I can't remember the part number but you could look it up on his website.

timers are working and i can also control lights etc. with X10 commander, IPhone pro app and Alexa. Yes i still have LED. Have not replaced any of them.

Hope this works for you and others who might be having similar problem. >!   

BackAgain

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2017, 09:38:48 PM »

Maybe a different subject, maybe not ....

Is it possible ........  for any X-10 device to interfere with/block remote reading by a utility for an Itron (utility provided) electric meter?

https://www.itron.com/na/technology/product-services-catalog/products/0/7/5/centron

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2017, 07:30:32 AM »

We have seen multiple instances where smart meters interfered with X10 functions but, so far, have not seen instances where X10 functions interfered with the meter.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.