Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: My Current Status  (Read 15843 times)

BackAgain

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: My Current Status
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2017, 07:03:30 AM »

CM15A Should Not Eat Batteries
Question

Are batteries required to operate the CM15A?

My CM15A seems to be draining batteries while it is plugged in to the wall. Is this normal?

Answer

Batteries are not required to use the CM15A.

If you install batteries in the CM15A, they should last quite a while as long as the CM15A is connected to wall power.

If you discover that your computer interface is draining batteries while it is plugged in, then it is defective.

Informative!

:not:

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2017, 10:10:07 AM »

Unless the batteries where not fresh

If it is eating batteries and on 120VAC power.
Then it probably has defective hardware.
Just like the wiki pointed out.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 10:14:44 AM by Brian H »

BackAgain

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2017, 12:07:25 PM »

Yeah, but since it was bought aftermarket, not likely to get any kind of warranty resolution.

Wonder what would happen without batteries at all?  Wiki says you don't need them, so ...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2017, 08:29:49 AM »

As I've posted before the CM15 will work just fine and maintain time with out batteries. However it must be connected to a PC with AHP set to run on start up and you PC to restart after a power blip.

I've ran several CM15As this way for several years (and still run) with no batteries.
AHP uses the PCs time to set the CM15A and checks this on each start  up automatically.

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

BackAgain

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2017, 06:56:50 PM »

I probably should know this, or have checked on it by now.  How can I be sure I have the right Drive ID in place?  My own instead of whatever LifeJacket does.

BackAgain

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2018, 03:13:48 AM »

Things have gotten flaky again.  All worked well for a while.  Now some modules are not switching as scheduled and I can't control them with remotes.   Added a few more LEDs, so who knows.  Tried unplugging a couple of them as I've had that reset them somehow before.  No change.  Not interested in spending any more money buying modules though.

Meter issue hasn't changed.  They replaced the transformer on the pole and tried two other meters (4 total) and can't read any of them.  This is the only house on the road though that they have trouble with.  Tripped the main breaker on the panel and they still couldn't read it.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2018, 03:26:08 PM »

I probably should know this, or have checked on it by now.  How can I be sure I have the right Drive ID in place?  My own instead of whatever LifeJacket does.
Sorry I missed this question.
If you open a command prompt and type vol
This will display the current id as volume serial number
The default ID which comes with Lifejacket is 1C96-1538 I believe
Things have gotten flaky again.  All worked well for a while.  Now some modules are not switching as scheduled and I can't control them with remotes.   
You have introduced something which is either a signal sucker or is causing noise or both.
Check to see if AHP is reporting seeing RF commands from your remotes.
Have you mapped your circuits? This will help with trouble shooting.
Knowing what is on each circuit will narrow down where the issue is as usually it is on the same circuit (though not always).
If it is only some modules that aren't performing I suspect a signal sucker on the ciruit of the modules

Meter issue hasn't changed.  They replaced the transformer on the pole and tried two other meters (4 total) and can't read any of them.  This is the only house on the road though that they have trouble with.  Tripped the main breaker on the panel and they still couldn't read it.

This is odd but maybe a good thing.
Since they can't tell how much power your using how can they bill you? rofl
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2018, 07:11:43 PM »

Things have gotten flaky again.  All worked well for a while.  Now some modules are not switching as scheduled and I can't control them with remotes.   Added a few more LEDs, so who knows.  Tried unplugging a couple of them as I've had that reset them somehow before.  No change.  Not interested in spending any more money buying modules though.
Let's see:
"Worked well for a while... now I can't control them...".

That sure sounds like you have added a noise maker. You need to continue unplugging, until things start working. Then back track (plug back in until things quit again) to find the culprit. If it worked once and now it don't, you shouldn't have to spend any more money buying modules, just more troubleshooting.

"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2018, 09:36:56 PM »

Let's see:
"Worked well for a while... now I can't control them...".
That sure sounds like you have added a noise maker. You need to continue unplugging, until things start working. Then back track (plug back in until things quit again) to find the culprit. ..........

I've developed a protocol for anything new we plug in. Like recently.... I installed a new LED light in the kitchen (the kitchen is now 100% LED).... and with the [new] light ON.... I turned various X10 lights ON and OFF to make sure there wasn't going to be a problem.

I've found it's easier to pin down any problems at the time they are created.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

BackAgain

« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2018, 02:24:43 PM »

Beginning the process of pulling it all out and going back to photocells and timers.  I can get photocells for $10 or less that do dusk to dawn every day, no time zone offsets or updates needed.  Randomized since the Sun changes every day.

Timers are cheap too and some randomize now.

As for remote control, I can get small RF units for a few bucks at Big Lots.  No worrying about 'suckers'.

I've put too much money, time, effort and sweat into a system that is wholly unreliable.  No more.  Even if I paid to rent one one of the testers, there is no guarantee it would find the problem, or that it would be something I could fix easily.  With the utility meter issue, the problem may not even be in the house.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2018, 02:40:32 PM »

Thank you for the updates. Sorry it did not work out for you. Though it sounds like the simpler devices may work out better for you.

If you where thinking about the XTBM loaners. Jeff posted last month. They where no longer available. They where purchased by the folks that originally loaning them.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 02:54:56 PM by Brian H »

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 121
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2018, 07:52:04 PM »

If you where thinking about the XTBM loaners. Jeff posted last month. They where no longer available.

One rental unit is available again, but please check first before ordering because the next person may decide to keep it.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.