Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: newbie with older X10 pool light doesn't work  (Read 2890 times)

mandoman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
newbie with older X10 pool light doesn't work
« on: July 09, 2017, 01:19:32 PM »

Hello...I'm new to the forum and need some direction from you experienced x10 users.
I have one X10 single pole wall transmitter mounted inside home and a x10 XPS3 receiver switch located in a water-tight box on side of my pool/spa control cabinet. Unit was installed new by electrician when home and pool was built in 2005. I could turn pool light on from switch at control cabinet or using the transmitter switch inside home. This worked as designed for about 4 yrs then inside transmitter would neither turn it on or off...receiver/switch at control cabinet outside will turn the light on or off. We've just been using the receiver as a switch since but would like to troubleshoot it and repair or replace as needed...getting tired of walking outside of screened enclosure at night to turn light on and off...wife likes to turn it on when entertaining. I pulled covers off and rocker switches to verify both were on same settings and they were. Should I assume it is bad and replace entire setup or could it only be one of the components that is bad?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: newbie with older X10 pool light doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 04:34:01 PM »

Both could be still good but the signal could be getting blocked from getting to the transceiver.
Also the contacts could have become dirty on one or both of the x10 address selectors preventing the correct signal from being sent or received.
Simply spinning the dials and verifying both are the same may fix your issue.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mandoman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 08:16:01 PM »

OK..thanks...will try that.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 05:53:25 AM »

Jeff has a great set of troubleshooting tutorials on X10 issues.
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

Many of the newer electronic devices can effect X10 power line communications. Make noise on the power lines or absorb {signal Sucker} the x10 power line commands. Even moving an existing device like a cell phone charger to a new location can sometimes change things.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 09:09:02 AM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.