📸Cameras & Camera Software > AirSight Cameras

New xx52a Cameras

<< < (2/3) > >>

asheroncreek:
I am new to this Community Forum and I only found the forum because I needed help with a similar problem with my new XX52A Airsight . To give some background, I have nine X10 Airsight cameras (including the new 52A purchased June 2017) and one Sricam. Four of the cameras are the outdoor type two XX52A's, one XX42A and the Sricam. I can view all nine of my cameras over the internet except for the new XX52A. The new XX52A network setting is completely different than all my other Airsights and I am not sure what I am doing wrong in the setup. Everything else works fine with this camera, when I am home I can view it using the "SearchIPCam" icon on my desktop address 192.168 etc, etc or I can enter the address 10.0 etc, etc. When travelling, I can access the camera and make changes, the camera email me three pictures when motion is detected but I just can not view video. When I sign in to the camera over the internet the camera frame comes up then a few minutes later the word "Video" shows on the screen in the middle of where the picture should be and a little "icon" appears to the left of the word video. 

I read an article that the Media Port must be port forwarded also, and I have done that but it makes no difference in my case. If someone knows how to access the video over the internet on the new XX52A I sure would appreciate your help in setting up the camera. I have tried X10 Support, my Internet Provider support (they provide my modem/router) my Netgear Router support (all my cameras are connected to the Netgear router wirelessly) and last but not least my computers support through Best Buy.

Tuicemen:
I believe something has changed with the new Airsights.
I set up a new HD xx69 before coming back from the cottage for the season and I'm experiencing the same issue.
I can still view the camera on my phone using the Airsight App (luckily I set that up prior to leaving)
I can also view the camera with a multi camera web page I made.
If I attempt to view from the Cameras web UI and not on the same Network no image. ::) :'
I'll be heading back up most likely tomorrow to check on things and was hoping to play with the router settings as I had not forwarded the video ports.
Though if that was the issue I would think the app nor my Multi cam viewing page would work.  B:(
Your post makes me think the issue is not my router settings at all.

asheroncreek:
I would love to know if you can view images over the internet once you set up port forwarding in your router or make adjustment to the router.

As mentioned before, my network consist of one Modem/Router provided by my Service Provider and my own Netgear Wireless Router. The Service Provider cable comes into my laundry room where the Service Provider's modem/router is housed in a panel container then ethernet cable are dispersed to several locations within the home. My Netgear Router is located in the kitchen connected to my Service Provider's Modem/Router by ethernet cable and then I have three computers, my smartphones and all my cameras connected wirelessly to the Netgear Router. All my cameras are port forwared in the Service Provider's Modem/Router and my Netgear Router and all my older cameras worked just fine over the internet except for this new XX52A.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Tuicemen:
I managed to get into my off grid place to play with my HD indoor camera
it is too early to be sure but it looks like the Media, ONVIF, RTSP Ports Do Not require port forwarding
However you must port forward the WEB and PUSH ports.
I was able to test this with my Dnns address,  luckily my new router allows loop back.
I'll know for sure once I get back to the city but it does look like it is working now :)%
 >!

asheroncreek:
I am very glad to hear that you were successful, congratulation. My network do not allow loop back so I will not be able to test mine at home, however, as soon as I test it I will post the result.

In my routers you have to create two port forwarding lines one for the "Web Port" and one for the "Push Port", on your "Push Port line" what name did you put in the "Service Name" column and for the "Type" what did you use TCP or TCP/UDP?????

Again, congratulation and thanks for your help

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version