Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New xx52a Cameras  (Read 4473 times)

sheltiemom

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
New xx52a Cameras
« on: July 19, 2017, 10:19:38 AM »

Has anyone purchased any of the new xx52a cameras?  I have 8 of the older generation cameras that are all working great.  I purchased 2 cameras recently to augment the other cameras.  When I attempted to install the new cameras, they did not show up in the IP camera tool.  I was able to get a local address on my router and accessed the camera in that way.  Apparently, it brought up new software which no one at X10 seems to have any information on.  Tech Support kept referring me back to the old software which is totally different from this new software.  I am not computer savvy enough to no how to set up the new camera with this software.  I used the Android app to try to at least have the camera send emails when motion was detected.  I inputted the same information from my other cameras, but the new software email test failed each time.  Any suggestions?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: New xx52a Cameras
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 11:39:48 AM »

I gave my xx52 away and went with the PTZ models.
However I always used the cameras onboard software and accessed through my browser.
Since you know your cameras IPs open your browser and type the IP address into the  address bar.
Depending on your browser you may need to use the server push connection option.

I did create a simple PC program for viewing the cameras so my wife could easily access them but it is only good for viewing and very out of date. (hope to update it this fall with codes for the HD cameras)
The software is free on my forum in the members only section.

Also Alex10 has a simple IP camera viewer but only does 1 camera. It will view all current x10 cameras and some older ones
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

sheltiemom

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 12:19:38 PM »

I did type the IP address into the address bar.  That's when it launched the new software (firmware?) which I am not familiar with.  Is there a way for me to access the old software used on the other cameras?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 02:09:36 PM »

No the old firmware isn't compatible with the new cameras.
Is the software on the camera simular to what I posted here:
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=28797.0 ?
Does the email reporting still work from the old cameras?
Some email servers have changed their incoming ports.

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

sheltiemom

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 03:58:04 PM »

The firmware link you posted with the Network Camera Airsight logo is what I have for my old cameras.  The email still works on all of the old cameras.  The new camera has different firmware.  I tried using the same port as the old firmware and also tried the new ports.  Nothing worked. 

The new firmware also has the Airsight logo and says Network Camera, but it is gray in color and has different functions (see attached PDF).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 04:08:44 PM by sheltiemom »

asheroncreek

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 01:12:37 PM »

I am new to this Community Forum and I only found the forum because I needed help with a similar problem with my new XX52A Airsight . To give some background, I have nine X10 Airsight cameras (including the new 52A purchased June 2017) and one Sricam. Four of the cameras are the outdoor type two XX52A's, one XX42A and the Sricam. I can view all nine of my cameras over the internet except for the new XX52A. The new XX52A network setting is completely different than all my other Airsights and I am not sure what I am doing wrong in the setup. Everything else works fine with this camera, when I am home I can view it using the "SearchIPCam" icon on my desktop address 192.168 etc, etc or I can enter the address 10.0 etc, etc. When travelling, I can access the camera and make changes, the camera email me three pictures when motion is detected but I just can not view video. When I sign in to the camera over the internet the camera frame comes up then a few minutes later the word "Video" shows on the screen in the middle of where the picture should be and a little "icon" appears to the left of the word video. 

I read an article that the Media Port must be port forwarded also, and I have done that but it makes no difference in my case. If someone knows how to access the video over the internet on the new XX52A I sure would appreciate your help in setting up the camera. I have tried X10 Support, my Internet Provider support (they provide my modem/router) my Netgear Router support (all my cameras are connected to the Netgear router wirelessly) and last but not least my computers support through Best Buy.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 01:33:38 PM »

I believe something has changed with the new Airsights.
I set up a new HD xx69 before coming back from the cottage for the season and I'm experiencing the same issue.
I can still view the camera on my phone using the Airsight App (luckily I set that up prior to leaving)
I can also view the camera with a multi camera web page I made.
If I attempt to view from the Cameras web UI and not on the same Network no image. ::) :'
I'll be heading back up most likely tomorrow to check on things and was hoping to play with the router settings as I had not forwarded the video ports.
Though if that was the issue I would think the app nor my Multi cam viewing page would work.  B:(
Your post makes me think the issue is not my router settings at all.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

asheroncreek

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 01:28:18 PM »

I would love to know if you can view images over the internet once you set up port forwarding in your router or make adjustment to the router.

As mentioned before, my network consist of one Modem/Router provided by my Service Provider and my own Netgear Wireless Router. The Service Provider cable comes into my laundry room where the Service Provider's modem/router is housed in a panel container then ethernet cable are dispersed to several locations within the home. My Netgear Router is located in the kitchen connected to my Service Provider's Modem/Router by ethernet cable and then I have three computers, my smartphones and all my cameras connected wirelessly to the Netgear Router. All my cameras are port forwared in the Service Provider's Modem/Router and my Netgear Router and all my older cameras worked just fine over the internet except for this new XX52A.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 09:50:08 AM »

I managed to get into my off grid place to play with my HD indoor camera
it is too early to be sure but it looks like the Media, ONVIF, RTSP Ports Do Not require port forwarding
However you must port forward the WEB and PUSH ports.
I was able to test this with my Dnns address,  luckily my new router allows loop back.
I'll know for sure once I get back to the city but it does look like it is working now :)%
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

asheroncreek

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 05:09:51 PM »

I am very glad to hear that you were successful, congratulation. My network do not allow loop back so I will not be able to test mine at home, however, as soon as I test it I will post the result.

In my routers you have to create two port forwarding lines one for the "Web Port" and one for the "Push Port", on your "Push Port line" what name did you put in the "Service Name" column and for the "Type" what did you use TCP or TCP/UDP?????

Again, congratulation and thanks for your help

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 06:28:56 PM »

I had to create to rules/lines as well one for web port  and one for push port both are TCP rules
For the Service names I used the camera name followed by web or push but you could name it however you wished
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

asheroncreek

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 12:02:24 PM »

I am so excited I can not thank you enough for your help and support. After seven months of struggling and going back and forth with X10 in addition to returning the latest XX52A for a replacement I can now say my new XX52A is now working over the internet, and it is all because of your help.

I am surprised that X10 does not have the correct setup instructions someplace in their database. Once I follow your instruction on port forwarded the Web and Push Ports instead of the Web and Media Ports I was able to view the camera over the internet.

Thanks again for all your help.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 01:20:02 PM »

Glad to hear that works for you. I'm finding the manufacters are updating things and are not informing what if any internals were changed. Authinx probably assumed the cameras hadnt been changed as the exteral appearance was the same.
I just got a new Xx70 an it to has changed over the last one I installed.
I'll besure to inform the Authinx owner of the camera software change.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

asheroncreek

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 02:38:34 PM »

I agree with you about the manufactuer making changes and fail to inform anyone because talking with the folks at X10 they did not know that the Network Setting screen was changed to include five Ports, instead of the one http Port.

Thanks again for all your help.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.