Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pool motor and lighting circuit  (Read 1398 times)

koenbro

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Pool motor and lighting circuit
« on: July 20, 2017, 12:48:09 AM »

Hello, I have just bought a house, and the previous owners were completely unaware of an X10 automation system that had been installed by their predecessors to control the pool, and it was not working in any case. I would like to make it work. I replaced the Remote Control - Model PHR03 and the PAT01 16 Channel Transceiver and I can successfully connect them. There are several SR227 SuperSocket Receptacles in a box near the pump, I cannot switch/control them unless the transceiver is literally in the same box -- so on the same circuit. The remote doesn't reach that far though so I have to walk all the way near the box, partly defeating the point of the remote. Ideally I would have the transceiver on the back patio, se we can control the pool from within the house or from the patio. If that helps, the house's main panel has different breakers for the pool motor, spa motor, and lighting.

My question is:  How can I place the transceiver on another circuit in the house? Is a GFCI circuit a no go? Thank you.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Pool motor and lighting circuit
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 06:10:37 AM »

The PAT01 does not have to be on the same circuit as the SR227 receptacles in the pool electrical box.
The X10 RF commands from the PHR03 have to reach the PAT01 and the converted X10 commands to the power lines have to reach the SR227 modules.
You may want to move the PAT01 around the house. To see if you can find a location where the PHR03 can reach the PAT01 and its power line commands reach the SR227 module at the pool.

You may want to determine if the house has a X10 phase coupler in it?
Homes usually have a split 220 volt AC feed. Half the house is on one Line and Neutral and the other half on the other Line and Neutral. X10 power line commands have a difficult time getting from one Line to the other. A passive phase coupler, preferably a repeater coupler will get the X10 power line commands between the Lines.

Many of the new electronic devices will make power line noise and effect X10 commands or absorb {Signal Sucker} the signals so they don't reach the intended module.

If the pool electrical box is metal and probably water resistant. X10 RF will probably not get to the PAT01.
How far away is the pool from where you would like to use the remote?

Sounds like we may need to help you get the PAT01 in a better location to receive the PHR03 and then have the PAT01 power line signals reach the SR227 modules in the pool enclosure. After you try the PAT01 in different locations tests.

Jeff has a great set of X10 Troubleshooting Tutorials you may want to look at.
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 07:58:35 AM by Brian H »

koenbro

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 09:09:42 AM »

Thank you Brian, this is very helpful info to start. Very impressed by the welcome to this forum. I am going to look into phase couplers. I am excited to learn more about X10!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 10:01:55 AM »

Phase coupler repeater can improve communications between the Lines. Though if you are only using the remote and outlets. You may fine a location that works and it can be an option later.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.