Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A TURNS BUT NOT OFF  (Read 1251 times)

RHCHRIST

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A TURNS BUT NOT OFF
« on: August 11, 2017, 10:20:27 AM »

I just replaced my cm15a with a new one as I thought the other was dead (which it may not be). The new unit seems to turn the lights on ok (a little random) but will not turn them off. When I manually try and turn on and off lights it is hit and miss, most of the time it does not work, then it will. I have been using x10 for the last 18 years with not problems and now I have had two new units in the last 12 months. No LED bulbs and no changes to modules. Is the CM15A failing or is it something else?

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: CM15A TURNS BUT NOT OFF
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 12:28:16 PM »

My first thought would be a new cell phone charger or something similar.  I would not jump directly to the controller being the issue.  It's possible for any component to fail (including the controller), but I usually find the problem is either the module that's acting up or a device my wife plugged in and didn't tell me about.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: CM15A TURNS BUT NOT OFF
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 01:00:13 PM »

On but not off is frequently a noisy load. Signal strong enough to tun it On but nose prevents the off.
Also the sporadic controls could also be a noise maker or a signal absorber.
Even if nothing has changed. Sometime just moving an electronic device to a different location can effect.
Installed devices can sometimes deteriorate over time.
If you have a phase coupler between the two incoming power lines. Checking it do verify it is still OK may help.
If the CM15A is connected to the same circuit as an UPS or computing gear can many times  effect X10 power line signals.

Jeff has a great set of tutorials on X10 troubleshooting.
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.