Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Security" stuff functions only on PC?  (Read 1495 times)

LAF

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
"Security" stuff functions only on PC?
« on: September 02, 2017, 12:01:36 AM »

A grab-bag of X10 components I recently bought online contains a bunch of security Door/Window sensors (DS10A) which I have incorporated into a test macro.  They seem to work fine, and I could certainly make use of them, but the trouble is these sensors/macros for some reason can only be run from the PC and I was wondering why that is necessarily the case (it would be a lot more useful to me if they could run from the CM15A w/o the PC on)? 

Is this only because the necessary "security" software had not yet been configured to work on the CM15 or some other more basic reason??  Thanks as usual for any insights... :)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: "Security" stuff functions only on PC?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 05:57:06 AM »

The Security Modules do not use a standard X10 House Code Unit Code message.
They use a Security Message and have to have its 1 of 256 possibility ID registered to a security console or On Alert on the CM15A.

WGL Designs does make a All House Code Transceiver that will also map a Security Message to a preset X10 House Code Unit Code message. V572RF32. That also needs an X10 power line interface like Jeff's XTB523. As the TW523/PSC05 X10/X10Pro interface is discontinued
http://www.wgldesigns.com/v572.html
http://jvde.us/xtb-523.htm
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 06:01:29 AM by Brian H »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 06:58:34 AM »

Is this only because the necessary "security" software had not yet been configured to work on the CM15 or some other more basic reason??  Thanks as usual for any insights... :)
The security part wasn't created to run on the cm15 in part due to memory limitations of the CM15.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

LAF

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 06:10:31 PM »

Thanks for the info gents - I guess I'll just stick with the motion sensors for security purposes.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.