Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do Not Disturb  (Read 4704 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Do Not Disturb
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 09:59:56 PM »

..... must be pulling in enormous amounts of data just from domestic communications. I don't see how they can store it, categorize it, catalog it, decide what to delete, etc. etc. etc.

One word:  metadata

Just like if you check you Alex app... it has (in a text form) all your recent commands/requests of your echo device. Or... if you speak your texts on your phone... you words are converted to text.

Using proper software.... metadata can also contain symbolic text that would reference accents, cadence of speech, volume, stress levels, keywords, ETC.. Each encounter would (just like a simple HTML) only require maybe 60KB (yes KB). Not much of a problem to store. And I am sure there are algorithms that could compress that as well. 

The organization of such text/data would be done in the exact same way Amazon separates your data from my data, your shopping preferences from my shopping preferences.... credit card numbers, addresses, movie and book ownership ETC..

« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:01:46 PM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 07:38:49 AM »

Actually Alexa app contains all your voice commands (and what it thought were commands) as sound files too, unless you go into the history and delete them.

But then are they really deleted! ::) rofl
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2017, 03:24:42 PM »

Using proper software.... metadata can also contain symbolic text that would reference accents, cadence of speech, volume, stress levels, keywords, ETC.. Each encounter would (just like a simple HTML) only require maybe 60KB (yes KB).
Yeah, I understand that, but the meta data is in addition to the actual audio data. It still must be huge amounts of digital data to store. I don't know if I am awed or scared.  rofl
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2017, 03:29:41 PM »

Actually Alexa app contains all your voice commands ....

Our/the Amazon and Google voice devices... as well as the apps and services offered with the various mobile phones.... are the tip-of-the-iceberg as to where AI will be taking us. Not to mention how others will exploit artificial intelligence.... I am sure in ways we haven't even imagined yet. IMHO.

HA Dave

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2017, 03:48:02 PM »

Using proper software.... metadata can also contain symbolic text that would reference accents, cadence of speech, volume, stress levels, keywords, ETC.. Each encounter would (just like a simple HTML) only require maybe 60KB (yes KB).
Yeah, I understand that, but the meta data is in addition to the actual audio data. It still must be huge amounts of digital data to store. I don't know if I am awed or scared.  rofl

First there is no need to keep the actual audio past the analytical stage... once it's converted to data with the metadata. This is NOT evidence... this is never going to be taken to court. I know it almost sounds like Science Fiction... but it is all conventional technology... today. 

Without compression... if every American created a daily (metadata) file page (60KB)... I think that would be around 17,000 gigabytes a day. Using specialized algorithms and such... working mostly through the slower night hours to analyze, organize, reduce,  and file. I think that would be easily manageable with a budget of a few billion.

Theoretically speaking.... of course.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.