🔌General Home Automation > Automating Your House

Google Home and X10

(1/9) > >>

Jason B:
I currently control x10 from my phone, lights, etc, and can't figure out how to use google home or siri, etc. to do it. I downloaded the Hbridge thing, etc. ,but I'm still confused. Maybe I should make a new post with the title Google Home and X10?

Tuicemen:

--- Quote from: Jason B on October 12, 2017, 01:02:50 PM ---Maybe I should make a new post with the title Google Home and X10?

--- End quote ---
That certainly would help not make this thread any more confusing then it is! ;)
Done!

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: Jason B on October 12, 2017, 01:02:50 PM ---I currently control x10 from my phone, lights, etc, and can't figure out how to use google home or siri, etc. to do it. I downloaded the Hbridge thing, etc. ,but I'm still confused. Maybe I should make a new post with the title Google Home and X10?

--- End quote ---

Exactly what/how are you controlling your X10 with your phone... what software/device are you using? I used the Melloware on my iPhone for years to control X10... with a server software that worked with my iPhone.... ONLY on the local network. But there are other ways.

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on October 12, 2017, 01:14:51 PM ---That certainly would help not make this thread any more confusing then it is! ;)

--- End quote ---

I use an iPhone and Amazon echo. I also use a Wink hub and an MyQ Internet interface device (like a hub).

If we separate and break everything down my OS and brand name..... the number of specialized threads could get big. Not that the forum gets so much traffic lately that we can't handle it. But I don't think it would be less confusing.

Tuicemen:

--- Quote from: HA Dave on October 12, 2017, 10:58:36 PM ---If we separate and break everything down my OS and brand name..... the number of specialized threads could get big. Not that the forum gets so much traffic lately that we can't handle it.

--- End quote ---
True, however users that wish to use Google Home are less likely to look at a thread titled Amazon Echo and x10.
The number of threads  makes little difference to the forum size and makes info easier to find.

Tuicemen:

--- Quote from: Jason B on October 12, 2017, 01:02:50 PM ---I currently control x10 from my phone, lights, etc, and can't figure out how to use google home or siri, etc. to do it. I downloaded the Hbridge thing, etc. ,but I'm still confused.

--- End quote ---
How are you still confused?
HA-Bridge does work with Google Home (so I've read)
Setting up HA=Bridge can be a bit confusing that's why I was asked to create Alex10 However Alex10 is a Windows based program only. :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version