💬General Category > Mac/Linux & Open Source and the X10 Home

Launching Mochad in Raspbian Jessie/Stretch-Need some help please

(1/5) > >>

petera:
Hi all. My first post since registering so please be patient..........

I was curious to know if Mochad was still being worked on. The reason I ask is I was trying to run it on a copy of Raspbian Jessie or Stretch and it seems that Systemd has been a real game changer when it comes to running Mochad.

I used the rc.local method on Raspbian Wheezy but it appears that this is no longer an option. It seems that when using Mochad with the Systemd method it will launch and run for sometime then shutdown. From what I understand Mochad needs to be run as a daemon in the background and not a service in the foreground. Also Udev rules need to be created/amended in conjunction with this.

Again there are a lot of posts on this subject on the web but very few if any seem to have a working solution.

I'd really appreciate any help or guidance on the above. Also what is the latest version of Mochad available.

Brian H:
I don't use the program but found mochad-0.1.17.tar.gz on Sound Forge.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mochad/files/

petera:
I have Mochad 0.1.17 installed already. There's even Mochad 0.1.18 out there. I believe the creator of Mochad originally posted his work on this site but stopped posting some time ago. The program is very helpful. Is he still developing the program.

Brian H:
I don't have any more information on Mochad.
Users of the program will probably give you more information and help.

petera:
Thanks Brian H.

Does anyone know if mmauka is still about on this forum. I was reading about his work on Mochad but unfortunately he stopped posting. Does he still maintain Mochad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version