Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SR227 can turn off then turns back on after 5 seconds  (Read 1347 times)

alexcomp

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
SR227 can turn off then turns back on after 5 seconds
« on: November 04, 2017, 09:14:06 AM »

B:(

I have ceiling led lights plugged into an SR227.  Transceiver plugged into the wall. 10 button remote will reliably turn the lights off but then they come right back on.  Frustrating!

What can I do?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: SR227 can turn off then turns back on after 5 seconds
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 11:22:09 AM »

What transceiver?
Do you have any other modules, sensors in your HA setup?
What remote?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 04:06:11 PM »

What kind of bulb is being controlled by the SR227?

It has Local Control Sensing. If the SR227 is Off you could toggle the loads local switch from On to Off and back On. It would trigger on with out an X10 power line command.

Some bulbs like CFLs and LED may trigger the Local Control Sensing back On when turned Off.

If you are using a CFL or LED. As a test. Try some incandescent bulbs and see if it continues to go back On by itself.

If it is Local Control Sensing. Let us know.

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Modules_Turn_On_Immediately_After_Being_Turned_Off
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 04:09:41 PM by Brian H »

alexcomp

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 04:34:34 PM »

My transceiver is the TM751A and the remote is and the control module is the HR12A. I have reliably controlled a flock of old fluorescent fixtures converted to LED tubes in my kitchen with the same setup. I plugged a charger for my camera batteries into the controlled outlet and it turns off and stays off.

This indicates that the problem is likely to be in the different electronics with these "troffer" ceiling mount lights (drop into the 2' square in a suspended ceiling). These are led strips controlled by something similar to a ballast.  Converts to 60 volts and has a bunch of wires.  Suspect it is as indicated above.  This kind of fixture messes up the local control sensor field.  Can that be defeated or maybe there's another way.  I've got a bunch of X10 stuff including lamp modules and stuff.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 10:19:32 AM »

I have not seen any modifications for the SR227. For Local Control Sensing removal.
The older Appliance Modules with Local Control Sensing. You could cut a diode and wire jumper to defeat it.
The present Appliance Modules are CFL friendly and there is no Local Control sensing in them.

Not sure if the wiring a 7 watt incandescent night light along with the problem load would work for you. You could try it and see if it helps. Some have used a resistor in place of the light.

If it was noise. An X10 filter on the switched outlet and then the load connected to it may help but I thing your electronics are trying to turn on with the sensing current and triggering it back ON.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.