💬General Category > General Discussion

Using older cams etc...

(1/3) > >>

ko4qc1:
...with todays technology....I have a box full of older x10 products that I used way back in the VHS days...wireless pan/tilt cams,door/window sensors etc....are there adapters for HDMI etc?...TIA....
Joe

Tuicemen:
There are RCA to HDMI adaptors https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=rca+hdmi&tag=mh0a9-21&index=aps&hvadid=5102250505&hvqmt=b&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_8420v8j6c9_b
However I can't recommend one as I've not played with any
 >!

bkenobi:
Interesting.  I tried to find something similar a while back and I could only find HDMI->RCA not the other way.

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: ko4qc1 on December 14, 2017, 09:45:18 AM ---I have a box full of older x10 products that I used way back in the VHS days........are there adapters for HDMI etc?
Joe
--- End quote ---

I love pounding the last dime of value out of aging technology! My current Home Automation computer... running my AHP and more... is an XP laptop I bought in 2001 or 02. 

I've used/experimented with HDMI conversion. It works well enough... if your equipment is good enough. The old X10 cameras are/were great little devices (in their time). I continued to use one (connected to an on-line cloud capable DVR setup) until just about a year ago. But the old TV, 4:3 format, at 360X240 pixels doesn't work well with modern TV's.... and is a crappy image compared to even the cheapest new setups (under $200).

Convert your old home movies (VHS) to DVD (or Blu-ray).... and cut your losses. Camera technology has moved on... we need to keep up.

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: bkenobi on December 14, 2017, 11:08:47 AM ---Interesting.  I tried to find something similar a while back and I could only find HDMI->RCA not the other way.

--- End quote ---

The entertainment industry had lobbied for restrictions about image conversion.... fearing easy pirating. As the technology advanced those fears became outdated. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version