🖥️ActiveHome Pro > ActiveHome Pro General

x2 and x18 cameras

(1/6) > >>

Mic_:
I realize that the x cameras are no longer an item; however, I have a question. I still have a few of them installed. Once upon a time I was able to see the cams using my active home Pro software. I can not access the cams in the resurrected Active Home Pro however. Has this question already been posed here? I may not have any choice but to remove the xcams.

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: Mic_ on December 15, 2017, 07:58:10 PM ---...... Once upon a time I was able to see the cams using my active home Pro software......
--- End quote ---

Yeah... back in the old "original X10" days... you could access your cameras on-line via the X10 servers. When the old original X10 went under those servers disappeared. There are other... P2P software products (I think) that should allow a PC or Phone connection to your 24/7 connected PC. But I think most of us have opted for the higher image quality, easily connected (just scan a barcode image with your phone), server connected DVR's.   

Tuicemen:
The resurrected AHP does have the Iwatchout (camera plugin) built in.
You however need to activate it with AHP-lifejacket. the trick is finding a USB camera capture device that actually works with the new Windows.
I also have several usable Xcams I'd love to use, however I've moved to IP cameras now which allow me to view from anywhere.
 >!

Mic_:
Indeed; when the old x10 went belly up, one could no longer access the x2 and x18 cams via iwatchout. Since the crash however, I was able to view and switch between cams inside active home pro, locally. The observation here, that video capture with the new windows platform, could be the issue. I too moved to IP cams, however, if I can get the x2 and x18 cams to work, I will still use them. Thanks all for the helpful inputs here

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on December 16, 2017, 07:02:38 AM ---You .... need to activate it with AHP-lifejacket. the trick is finding a USB camera capture device that actually works with the new Windows.....

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Mic_ on December 17, 2017, 08:13:47 AM ---......... that video capture with the new windows platform, could be the issue.......
--- End quote ---

For local only viewing a simple solution can be an old XP machine. Or a (still available through Amazon) video switcher... for display on a (lower definition) TV.

Some of the security DVR camera outfits allow for connection of older (lower image quality) cameras. I used an old X10 cam on my Internet viewable (I viewed on my phone) 8 camera unit/system.... until recent months.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version