Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Repeated sync time warnings on Android app  (Read 4173 times)

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: Repeated sync time warnings on Android app
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 05:35:10 PM »

mind if I ask what firmware version?

SETUP>GENERAL SETTINGS>CHECK FOR FIRMWARE UPDATE
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

solareclipse

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 07:32:58 PM »

solareclipse, if you try all my suggestions and still keep getting the sync pop up Authinx suggests delete the app and reinstall as well power down your phone and restart it..
if that still fails to solve contact them for a replacement and they'll ship you out a replacement and a return label so they can look into it.
 >!

• Moved to another outlet - no change
  • Reset app to factory settings - no change
  • Rebooted phone - no change
  • Reinstalled app - no change.  Although interestingly, all the data still appeared to be on my phone because my devices and rooms were all there prior to me syncing with the WM100 (unless I just missed it)

So then I got to thinking - I installed this on my iPad and I haven't seen this error.  I wonder if it's an Android thing.  So I installed the app on my wife's phone - no warnings.  So I ran all three devices side by side and turned on and off random lights, and the only device that popped the warning was my Pixel XL.  Then I also observed the time doing odd things on my phone - like suddenly being a minute ahead or two minutes behind.  Wacky!  So I turned off the automatic time sync from network and I haven't seen the error again.

Now also odd is that the time on my phone(s) and my iPad appears to be about a minute different, but I never see the warning on my iPad.  I would see the warning on my phone when it appeared to be out of sync by less than a minute.

So...  maybe the Android app has a tighter tolerance for the time being in sync?  Maybe something wacky is going on with my Pixel XL that's causing the time to bounce around enough for the app to catch it.  I run a Verizon cell network extender at home, so my phones aren't connected to a standard cell tower, so maybe that device does something odd with the time (but it doesn't seem to affect my wife's Galaxy S7 if so). 

I'm really not sure what the exact issue is, but I'm pretty sure it's not the WM100 hardware.  Two out of three devices were working normally.  Maybe the answer is just to make the app not prompt to sync the time unless it sees more than a 15 or 30 minute difference.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2018, 03:40:17 AM »

mind if I ask what firmware version?

SETUP>GENERAL SETTINGS>CHECK FOR FIRMWARE UPDATE
The app should auto check for updated firmware on each app start up so that shouldn't be out dated. but good thought.

@ solareclipse, glad you figured it out.  :)% Authinx has already requested the time sync be done different but I'll forward your findings and suggestion. Authinx had figured it was your phone. It is interesting that the phone's  automatic time sync from network was the culprit.
thanks for the update.
 >!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 03:46:29 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2018, 04:09:54 AM »

I moved this to the help an trouble shooting section since others may experience this.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.