Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Setup Tips  (Read 9423 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Setup Tips
« on: January 18, 2018, 07:03:53 AM »

There are a few drawbacks to the app some like device name lengths can be over come.
Users are encouraged to add their own tips and hints to this thread.
For the device name limitation.
Hint 1: the app will allow multiple devices to be named the same.
Hint 2: the app doesn't care about case sensitivity so you can call one light LIGHT the next light the next Light and another LighT
this is basically so you know which is which when you place it in a room.
Hint 3: leave the room name off the device name don't try to call a device "living room table light" just call it "Table Lamp" and put it in the living room ROOM

Time sync
1: A time sync message which you get on initial setup is because the unit has no batteries to maintain the internal clock.
This will also display if your home experiences a power outage and the unit regains power
Of coarse if your already viewing the app when the outage occurs the green online status at the bottom will change too.

Dusk/Dawn & Timers
1: These don't show up for a device untill you have saved the device and exited it's setup page.
once you return to the devices setup page they are located at the bottom of the screen and vissible. I spent days trying to find these in testing. B:(

Device (WM100) Placement
1: It is suggested to place this as close to your wi-fi router during setup as possible however I like to put it in an out of sight place once setup. just make sure you have a good wi-fi signal there.
2:The power out put is much higher then older transcievers. However in a large home you may wish to place this close to your breaker box so the PLC signal gets to locations that have a long wire run.

Stablizing Wi-Fi operation
1: Set up a IP reservation for the WM100s IP if your router loses connectionthen reconnects and or reboots it could result in the WM100s configured IP getting taken by another device (no blue light displaying is a indication this has happened)
the WM100 IP can be found in the history page.
 >!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:29:58 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Setup Tips
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 10:13:27 AM »

Time sync
1: A time sync message which you get on inistal setup is because the unit has no batteries to main tain the internal clock.
This will also display if your home experiances a power outage and the unit regains power
Of coarse if your already viewing the app when the outage occures the geen online status at the bottom will change too.
This becomes a problem if you're not home when the power goes out and comes back on. Your timers won't work until you can resync the time through a phone/tablet. It would be nice if there was a place to enter your zip code (or at least your time zone), and then have it automatically sync the time off the Internet.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 10:38:21 AM »

Yes, currently it syncs time from the app.
As a suggestion start a Poll thread in the wish list for this. Also explain your reasoning, this will help other users see the benefit as well the developer, Authinx and the manufacture will have a better understanding of the need.
it will also allow other users to post expanding on reasons.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 11:02:23 AM »

Yes, currently it syncs time from the app.
As a suggestion start a Poll thread in the wish list for this. Also explain your reasoning, this will help other users see the benefit as well the developer, Authinx and the manufacture will have a better understanding of the need.
it will also allow other users to post expanding on reasons.
 >!
Done!
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=30066.0

arizona480

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 03:51:08 PM »

I have a device that has a cell network and a device that doesn't.  Android doesn't allow for time sync through the web (at least my phone), so I constantly get the time sync message to the current device on the Wifi only device.  With only a 30 sec. difference between the devices, the app says "confirm" or "ignore" updated the hub's time with the current device.  "Ignore" is actually ignored and the dialog never goes away unless you "confirm".

bubbah

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 02:26:28 PM »

As for the power output:

1.  I have a booster plug in module for a single letter group and the red light blinks for activity on that...

2.  I have a wireless extender to. Reach another building line of sight ±120' allowing palm pad and other signals to control lights; the wm100 functions fine for that...

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.