Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: WM100 PLC output level  (Read 5786 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: WM100 PLC output level
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2018, 04:36:35 PM »

Thanks Jeff for posting the Added tests results.
It shows Authinx and the manufacture wasn't just pulling my chain during development!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2018, 04:37:35 PM »

Thanks Jeff for posting the Added tests results.
It shows Authinx and the manufacture wasn't just pulling my chain during development!
Nope, this baby pumps!
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

solareclipse

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2018, 05:25:44 PM »

I concur!  I put the WM100 in a location that previously gave me trouble with the CM15A and I was able to control every X10 device I have in the house.  WAY better that the CM15A.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2018, 05:48:18 AM »

Let me add to the kudos.    #:)

With my CM15A, I had to play with putting it in different outlets around my home, until I found one where it could reach most (but not all) of my X10 modules.    With my new WM100, it was able to reach all of my X10 modules, from the very first place I tried pulling it in (an open outlet nearest my router).
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2018, 03:08:02 PM »

......  With my new WM100, it was able to reach all of my X10 modules, from the very first place I tried pulling it in (an open outlet nearest my router).

Similar experience here. I just stuck the WM100 in the outlet behind my easy chair. I figured there would be some trial and error with the setup.... and that was a handy place for plugging in and unplugging the WM100. I would never had guessed I get such great performance from there.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 04:22:59 PM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2018, 03:21:58 PM »

When testing the rebuilt unit I tried from the furthest outlet from my router and still had no Wi-Fi range issues.
PLC out put has been strong since the early Alfa build.
I've not had any PLC issues with any version of the WM100, but I don't have a real line noisy environment either. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2018, 07:58:41 AM »

The unit transmits all three signal bursts.
I think this should be an option. Most single family residences are split phase.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

roger1818

• Roger H.
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2018, 02:09:42 AM »

The unit transmits all three signal bursts.
I think this should be an option. Most single family residences are split phase.

True, but why do you want the option to disable 3-phase transmissions?  Is having it harmful for the majority with split phase?

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2018, 02:34:02 AM »

...why do you want the option to disable 3-phase transmissions?  Is having it harmful for the majority with split phase?

It wastes power.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.

roger1818

• Roger H.
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2018, 09:06:13 AM »

...why do you want the option to disable 3-phase transmissions?  Is having it harmful for the majority with split phase?

It wastes power.

True, but only when transmitting, which for most people is a very, very small percentage of the time, so I don't see the overall power consumption of the unit being significantly affected by it. 

For example.  A typical command takes 2 seconds to transmit, so even if the WM100 transmits 100 commands in a day, that is 200 seconds of 86400 or 0.23% of the day.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2018, 09:37:25 AM »

It wastes power.

True, but only when transmitting, which for most people is a very, very small percentage of the time, so I don't see the overall power consumption of the unit being significantly affected by it. 

For example.  A typical command takes 2 seconds to transmit, so even if the WM100 transmits 100 commands in a day, that is 200 seconds of 86400 or 0.23% of the day.

It's much, much less than that since the PLC bursts are only .001 seconds long. That means 0.2/86400. So, color me frugal.

There is also less wear on the PLC components and less interference with any other PLC devices that may be in use.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:40:21 AM by dhouston »
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.