Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 WIFI on touch screen wall display? (my attempt)  (Read 3882 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
X10 WIFI on touch screen wall display? (my attempt)
« on: January 20, 2018, 03:59:04 PM »

dave w and I were chatting about touch screens and HomeSeer and I thought  -:) Hey this will be awesome on my old X10 AirPad!
I dug it out charged it up and went to Google play and found the app.
Sadly this requires Android 4 :( :'(
My AirPad was the first gen and only has Android 2.31, back in storage it goes!
Oh well at least it has a fresh charge on it. rofl
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 05:34:15 PM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Tuicemen

• Administrator
Re: X10 WIFI on touch screen wall display? (my attempt)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 05:32:27 PM »

Yes, I was just hoping to utilize something I already had.
I may look into picking one of those up at some point.
The App doesn't run all screens in landscape view on my phone and I'd want that in a touch screen.
I'm not sure if any one else has a issue with landscape views. ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

astrothug

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 08:02:31 PM »

I use action tiles with Smartthings on a Ipad air, and a android tablet. you can buy wall-mount from ebay,

I just got my Broadlink rm pro, that i can use with Google home to turn on TV's, Stereo, Soundbars and my xbox. it only does power on and off, but it works. I just ordered the X10 wifi unit. I cant wait for that to come in. oh by the way,  Alexa in Canada does not have skills for Broadlink RM Pro yet...

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 08:29:15 PM »

I use action tiles with Smartthings on a Ipad air, and a android tablet. you can buy wall-mount from ebay,

I just got my Broadlink rm pro, ......... oh by the way,  Alexa in Canada does not have skills for Broadlink RM Pro yet...

Very interesting. I was late getting in on the Broadlink rm pro. I had IR control via BVC, years ago.... but I had to re-broadcast the IR from the HA PC located in my basement office (now called a man cave). It wasn't always as dependable as I had wished. The Broadlink rm pro is great.... but I do keep my commands simple and few. Off, On, and mute.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 05:12:08 AM »

I just got my Broadlink rm pro, that i can use with Google home to turn on TV's, Stereo, Soundbars and my xbox. it only does power on and off, but it works. I just ordered the X10 wifi unit. I cant wait for that to come in. oh by the way,  Alexa in Canada does not have skills for Broadlink RM Pro yet...
I also use the Broadlink for my TV, cable box, entertainment stuff even learned the code for a window air con.
Although the IHC (Broadlink) Alexa skill  isn't available in Canada you can get it and have it work like all the other non available US Alexa Skills. However the skill is limited to IR devices and you must learn them as a TV for the skill to work with them.

I never though of using one of the other HA apps on my Airpad.
 Humm looks like it is coming out of the box again rofl
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 08:13:36 AM »

Well it was starting to look promising almost everything required 4.0. but eControl. On Google play stated 2.3 but wouldn't download so I looked elsewhere and downloaded the APK to a flash drive. The install started but failed, B:( seems I have 2.3.1 and what is required is 2.3.2 B:(
I had the newer image file to update the Airpad 7 without the market app(googleplay) but that has become corrupt.
Not sure if I've got a copy else where.
I need the 110920_002_airpad_rooted.img file if any one has this I'd love to get a copy. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

solareclipse

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 06:12:30 PM »

This is related, but I didn't want to post it as a request or a bug without asking others experience first - the Android app doesn't rotate to landscape mode on my phone.  Does it on a tablet?  It would be useful since the displayed characters for the device name are getting truncated way too short.

toasterking

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 06:26:07 PM »

the Android app doesn't rotate to landscape mode on my phone.  Does it on a tablet?
I just tried it on an LG G Pad F 8.0 running Android 5.0.2, and nope, it is locked to portrait there too.  Other apps are rotating to landscape, but not this one.  Plus, it looks pretty awful; text for all buttons is stretched horizontally to take up the entire width of display pixels even though the text elsewhere isn't.  I can't get very far in the app since my WM100 is defective, but I can get far enough to see it rotate to landscape to use the camera (to capture the QR code), then rotate back to portrait.

The page for the app in the Play Store on this tablet also shows the warning "This app may not be optimized for your device", which usually means that the developer hasn't submitted details that certify tablet compatibility.  Hopefully, this will come in time.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 05:01:52 AM »

I had hoped we would have seen this working for the release. B:(
in fact I've noticed a few things I submitted as quirks which should have been fixed prior to the release.
Seems the iOS version got all the attention. B:(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2018, 12:18:11 PM »

I was doing a little surfing about controllers today and came across this info about controlling X10 with Smartthings and Node Red with Mochad. Since Smartthings can control a lot of different devices it seems like it this may be worthwhile as an option to the WM100.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2018, 12:52:07 PM »

I've used SmartThings and even created device handlers for it for use with my SmartCloud PC app to utilize Google Home with X10.
The cool thing is the SmartThings app pulls these devices in and you can control X10 from the SmartThings app. Sadly this also will not work with my old Airpad.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.