Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Handing X10 control over to the WM100  (Read 6087 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Handing X10 control over to the WM100
« on: January 20, 2018, 04:20:07 PM »

You would have thought I'd have all my timers and such moved over from AHP.
I've not touched my AHP setup as far as adding or removing devices, timers etc. in years.
I was surprised how much I no longer used over half my macros are obsolete and since I'm retired and the kids are no longer living here there were devices in there for which modules had long ago been removed from outlets. B:(
My AHX file was from Windows 7 or that was the last time I renamed it.

Anyways I've got all my modules in and I hope all my timers as well as I've removed the timers from AHP ( I may regret that if we have a power outage while away)
My devices are still configured in AHP as this is still needed for some fall back on RF controlling and security macros. ;)
Fact is I don't see myself totaly getting rid of AHP or the CM15 anytime soon.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Handing X10 control over to the WM100
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 05:15:17 PM »

You would have thought I'd have all my timers and such moved over from AHP.
I've not touched my AHP setup as far as adding or removing devices, timers etc. in years.
I was surprised how much I no longer used over half my macros are obsolete and since I'm retired and the kids are no longer living here there were devices in there for which modules had long ago been removed from outlets. B:(
My AHX file was from Windows 7 or that was the last time I renamed it.

OMG. Mine wasn't that bad.... but I did delete a few modules still using the "C" house code. (rofl "C" of course was for Cameras).

Everything on the CM15A is now saved to the module. I moved some timers... but still have a little more moving, cleaning, and deleting, to do. I want to do a little testing and checking in the process.

Anyways I've got all my modules in and I hope all my timers as well as I've removed the timers from AHP ( I may regret that if we have a power outage while away)

I haven't checked.... but I guess I just assumed the memory on the WM100 wasn't volatile. I would have thought the WM100 would just boot back-up and jump in. Hummmmmm.

My devices are still configured in AHP as this is still needed for some fall back on RF controlling and security macros. ;)
Fact is I don't see myself totaly getting rid of AHP or the CM15 anytime soon.
 >!

I have 3 AHP's (two running). I can't see either being removed in the near future.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 05:21:45 PM »

I won't lose any info on the WM100 if there is a power blip the timers will just be off till I resync.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 10:03:50 AM »

I won't lose any info on the WM100 if there is a power blip the timers will just be off till I resync.
Losing the time can be a huge issue for timers. That's why I created a poll to have it sync time automatically.

HA Dave

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 10:20:33 AM »

.... I created a poll to have it sync time automatically.

? what? How?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 10:56:46 AM »

If there was a way to auto click the sync ok popup you could run the app on an emulator or another phone left at home.
However if the app just attempted to sync time automatic instead of throwing the popup that would be even be better.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 02:39:03 PM »

.... I created a poll to have it sync time automatically.

? what? How?
Sorry I wasn't clear. I created a poll on the forum asking others to vote on the suggestion to add automatic time syncing to the unit.

HA Dave

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 03:13:27 PM »

Sorry I wasn't clear. I created a poll on the forum asking others to vote on the suggestion to add automatic time syncing to the unit.

And I voted for that myself. Great idea! I have, of course the Amazon app, ihome, Vesync, Wink, Home (apples own app), HS3Touch (Homeseer), MyQ (the Chamberlain garage opener), and the X10 app. Some devices are recognized in two or more apps.

If I had to use my phone and then scroll through to control devices..... it might be simpler to flip switches. Alexa (and the macros, robots, scenes, whatever) are the heart of my HA.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 02:58:47 PM »

Does the WM100 do Macros, like the CM15A?
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 03:11:45 PM »

Not yet, scenes are very basic macros but are much more advanced then most Hub scenes in that they can contain delays as well un like AHP macros they can be stopped prior to completion
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
Re: Handing X10 control over to the WM100, NOT!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 08:29:20 AM »

My WM100 and app has now reverted to a glorified remote which only my wife uses here in the city.
My WM100 at the off grid place although plugged in is rarely used and its soon to become a door stop there.
Sadly the Wm100 just couldn't live up to my expectations or even what was promised it could do. :(
I also no longer use AHP for any timers or macros at either place.
The PiX10Hub the community has helped put together now handles all my HA requirements.

RIP WM100!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 10:34:13 AM »

My WM100 and app has now reverted to a glorified remote which only my wife uses here in the city.
My WM100 at the off grid place although plugged in is rarely used and its soon to become a door stop there.
Sadly the Wm100 just couldn't live up to my expectations or even what was promised it could do. :(
I also no longer use AHP for any timers or macros at either place.
The PiX10Hub the community has helped put together now handles all my HA requirements.

RIP WM100!

My WM100 has only *ever* been a glorified remote. The lack of a clock battery was a non-starter for me from day 1.
I really want to start playing with the PiX10Hub - I just need to make some time to get started with it.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 10:43:49 AM »

The lack of a clock battery can be over come very simply with the proper coding. Which for what ever reason the apps developer can't figure out. ::) :' Calling the internet for a date/time check on powering up is how the Raspi boards do it, but if your really want a RTC you can add one to a Pi board very inexpensively. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2019, 10:57:24 AM »

My WM100 has only *ever* been a glorified remote.

Same here.  The lack of extended code support was a show stopper for me as all our Leviton dimmer switches use extended codes to set the brightness without having to go full on and then dim down.  The hardware does not support extended codes, so there is no way to add them to the existing unit.

Still, it is kind of neat being able to control an X10 device when away from home.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2019, 11:07:36 AM »

Still, it is kind of neat being able to control an X10 device when away from home.
Even though I had that control prior to the WM100 the Idea of not needing a PC running 24/7 was more what drew me to it.
However a Pi board and cm19  with the PiX10Hub image is more attractive to me for my off grid place now as my security console can see the few x10 commands I use there. The HomeGenie web UI loads as fast as the WM100 apps (for me) and supplies much more info and options.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.