📱X10 WIFI > 🗯General Discussion

Running the X10WIFI app on a PC

(1/2) > >>

Tuicemen:
Yes, it is indeed possible!! :)%
There are several Android emulators out there some have more features then others.
It has been a few years since I ran the popular BlueStacks android emulator so that one may work  how ever I found no mention of it utilizing the PC camera (you'll need one)
I found Andy android emulator for windows will use your PCs camera and mic.
https://www.andyroid.net/

Here is the Andy OS FAQ page which lists what is required to run it and how to set it up.
http://andysupport.s3.amazonaws.com/AndyOSFAQ44v1.pdf
This one takes a long time to install but I like it better then BlueStacks
I never had an issue installing to my developers PC (didn't have to enable Virtualization  as suggested)
The Problem is it can't find  my Xbox 360 cameras I have installed. B:(
I'll have to see if I have an old web cam laying arround somewhere.
If I can't find another camera I'll test this on my laptop.
 >!

Tuicemen:
I found another web cam but no cord B:(
Andy takes forever to install on may old laptop but enabling the Virtualization wasn't required for it either or at least I don't think so  ::) :'
Andy does see my laptop camera so this is looking promising.
Andy is quick once installed (at least on my desktop) the install just apears to hang as it installs without any display of progress.
once installed it auto starts so if you go this route be prepaired to wait. ;)

Google sign in to the play store also took forever on my laptop (maybe because I was using wi-fi)
I was able to download the app and install it.
However I think my laptop may be just running at the bare minimum required specs.
You want to have an upto date PC with more then the required minimum requirments
Scanning the QR was extreamly painful but worth the pain! B:( ::) :'
Success! The WM100 is controllable via my laptop! :)%
 >!

Tuicemen:
Now that it is running on my laptop I'll attempt to import (copy the Andy folder to my desktop) As it appears the camera cord is done bye bye B:(
Hope it all fits on my spare USB stick. ::) :'

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on January 21, 2018, 03:11:10 PM ---.... Scanning the QR was extreamly painful but worth the pain! B:( ::) :'
Success! The WM100 is controllable via my laptop!
--- End quote ---

A great option for the non-mobile phone, and diehard windows users!

Question... is that the same laptop that you've also managed to pair with the Amazon, Alexa? 

Tuicemen:
No. Alexa, Google, and Cortana control of X10 are done on my desktop.

This Laptop does have the abilities with Alex10 but I susspect it would be to slow to run every thing. It was just updated with the latest windows 10 so Cortana is available for x10 from it too.
 >!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version