Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trouble setting up the hub.  (Read 4605 times)

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Trouble setting up the hub.
« on: January 26, 2018, 09:15:51 PM »

Hi all. Good to be here.  Went loosing myself slowly in other automation But then thanks to our loyal patriarch Tuicemen i herd about the New WM100.
Got the unit today and i am at a total standstill right at the gate. The hub refuses to connect to my router. Followed all instructions and factory reset app and hub multiple time to no avail. Did make sure the phone is on the 2.4 ghz and still nothing.
Sooo any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Will try with a tablet later to see if i have any luck.
Lou.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Trouble setting up the hub.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 10:26:32 PM »

Hi all. Good to be here.  Went loosing myself slowly in other automation But then thanks to our loyal patriarch Tuicemen i herd about the New WM100.
Got the unit today and i am at a total standstill right at the gate. The hub refuses to connect to my router. Followed all instructions and factory reset app and hub multiple time to no avail. Did make sure the phone is on the 2.4 ghz and still nothing.
Sooo any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Will try with a tablet later to see if i have any luck.
Lou.

Generally when something can't connect to the router.... it's merely the password is wrong/typed incorrectly. The HUB does require a 2.4 ghz connection to the router. And needs to be (of course) in range of the router (normally NOT a problem.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

BaBaLou.

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 03:07:51 AM »

Generally your right. And so was I. Did that multiple times and no luck last night. Tried it on the Tablet this AM. and wow it worked now. Tried on the phone again and that started working also.
My thought was at the time the hub was trying to connect to my Asus 3100 router last night. The address that it was trying to connect on was taken. I have way too many gadgets connected. In the ballpark of 32 seperate wifi connected devices. Phones, tablets, laptops, hubs, cameras etc. This morning everyone is still asleep and allowed the rputer to reboot and when i went to the app on the tablet , all is working now.
 A little strange that my router couldn't assign an address to the hub last night but this morning i am up and running and so far so good.  >!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 04:40:51 AM »

You may wish to check your port forwarding to be sure the router wasn't trying to assign the hubs port to something else.
IP and Port your Hub is using can be found in the history and settings.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

BaBaLou.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 06:22:41 AM »

Yes correct.
Did look into what the router was trying to do last night and yes there was a ip conflict. During the night the other device turned off and X10 came to life. Did a quick reassignment of items and all is good to go.  8)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 11:49:42 AM »

....... I have way too many gadgets connected. In the ballpark of 32 seperate wifi connected devices. Phones, tablets, laptops, hubs, cameras etc.

Once when a stepson and family was here... along with other family members... some couldn't connect to the WiFi. I had in "the setting" went with the default... which I think at the time was 12 WiFi connections. I have since upgraded with a larger better router. But I might still want to look at it's settings... just to refresh myself on what is there (I believe I am limited to 50 WiFi connections). I too am running a lot on WiFi.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.