Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The X10Hub (PiX10Hub) is here! Created by the Community, for the Community.:)% #:)

Poll

Would you like to be able to create two devices, each using the same house/unit code?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Ext Macro Support: Allow two devices with same house/unit code  (Read 302 times)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Ext Macro Support: Allow two devices with same house/unit code
« on: January 26, 2018, 08:20:25 AM »

To allow support of external Macros (like CM15A's Macros) correctly, you need to be able to set up two devices for each house/unit code.  One for the 'on' macro and one for the 'off' macro.  Currently, the X10 App tries to be fancy, and will not allow you to create a second device.

Let me add, this is closely related to another Wish List item here, Seperate Off / On Button

For example, let's say I have an A5 'on' macro that turns 'on' the front door light and the front foyer light, and later turns them both 'off' 10 minutes later.   I also have a separate A5 'off' macro that turns 'on' the side door light and the side mudroom light, and later turns them both 'off' 10 minutes later.

In the X10 App/CM100, I need to be able to create two devices.   An A5 'on' device, and an A5 'off' device.   Plus, for the first, I need to be able to do multiple on's in a row, with never doing an off.  For the second, I need to be able to do multiple off's in a row, with never doing an on.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 08:28:33 AM by Walt2 »
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 263
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    • Tuicemen Software
Re: Ext Macro Support: Allow two devices with same house/unit code
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 09:37:25 AM »

This wish was included in the last requests sent to the developer before the Apps release ( or it was to have been)
It was decided to just  work out the bugs for a faster release.
we may see this as one of the early adds ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Find extra info @ My forum

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 174
Re: Ext Macro Support: Allow two devices with same house/unit code
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 05:03:13 PM »

OR.... increase the device "name" to more spaces.
This is the golden age of home automation. Many will miss it.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.