📱X10 WIFI > 🧾Wish list

Character limits

(1/2) > >>

Tuicemen:
There have been many users complaining about the character limits and I'm surprised no one has created a poll for it.
My self I've learned to use what is available as many things have character limits.
However since the scenes has the ability for a longer name (though won't save it) why can't the others have at least the same limitation.
I feel all names should have the same limitation no mater what that is.
Your thoughts?
 >!

Tucson:
I would also like to be able to use some special characters like -, /, *, ! ...

Tuicemen:
Special characters would not allow a voice assitant skill so I  wouldn't  expect that.  :(

Walt2:

--- Quote from: Tucson on January 28, 2018, 12:05:30 PM ---I would also like to be able to use some special characters like -, /, *, ! ...

--- End quote ---

With the limitation of only allowing a name to be used once, I would at least allow periods ".".

If I have to have all totally unique names, names like LivingRoom.SideTable.Lamp and FamilyRoom.SideTable.Lamp and MasterBedroom.SideTable.Lamp come to mind.

Tuicemen:
I don't know enough about how different Assistants handle device names but I do know you can use spaces.
Also You Can use the same device name more then once currently in the app but I suspect that will cause issues with the skills unless the room name for which the device is in is added.
If that happens your devices that start with living room would become "Living Room Living Room......"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version