Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: cm 115  (Read 2361 times)

akw22

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
cm 115
« on: February 01, 2018, 05:25:44 PM »

I bought a new module for led lights out side, from switch in side, WS-467.
Can not get it to link up to run on the ON at dark, OFF at sunrise..

will not turn on or off when I click the switch on ahp screen either. 

need some help

allen

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: cm 115
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 02:29:27 AM »

The WS467 is a two wire dimmer. Made for incandescent bulbs. So it can steal power through the load.
Are the LED bulbs rated to be used on a dimmer switch? If not that is an issue.
Even if rated for use on a dimmer. I found in my tests. Most dimmable LED bulbs did strange things on a WS467.

Does the local push button on the WS467 work?

You may want to test the WS467 by temporarily using incandescent bulbs on it and see if anything changed.
The WS14 and WS469 are relay type switched made for things like a LED load. Though you need a Neutral power connection for them to work.

It could also be a signal problem to the switch. Do you have any phase coupling between the two incoming power lines?
You may want to unplug some electronics and see if anything changes.

Is the CM15A on the same circuit as the computing equipment? Many times that effects the X10 signals if the equipment is not on a X10 filter.

Jeff has a great set of tutorials you may want to look at.
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 02:38:00 AM by Brian H »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 03:10:14 AM »

.......Even if rated for use on a dimmer. I found in my tests. Most dimmable LED bulbs did strange things on a WS467.

Does the local push button on the WS467 work?

You may want to test the WS467 by temporarily using incandescent bulbs on it and see if anything changed.

Great post. Better put/written/explain than anything I could have posted!

My "tests" with the WS467 has been similar. Even though I rarely if ever use dimmers. I tried dimmable LED bulbs and still no luck. But I found that if I put in a incandescent on the same line as the LED bulbs The LEDs would follow along. But I wonder about the safety of such a setup.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

akw22

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 05:32:21 PM »

it what the x-10 sold me for the LED lights..
I do not see a new icon for the pah to pick for LED switch..

but yes if I push the button it works well..

Now your saying having the 115 plugged in to the same outlet causes problems?  that I need to filter it from the same source?   

Allen

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 02:21:10 AM »

Here is the X10 web site WS467 page.
In the Specification Section:
Incandescent only. 60 Watt to 500 Watt load.
The symptoms you are reporting. Is one of the things I saw with some bulb models. Local button worked no X10 control.

In AHP the WS467 is listed in the Modules Tab. In both the Lamp and Older Lamp (No Soft Start) choices.
The new WS469 relay model is not in AHP as it was developed after AHP was created.

If the computing equipment is on the same circuit. It may cause power line signal problems. Not always but many times it will. Two filters I know of. Are the X10Pro XPPF five amp and the Smarthome 1626-10 ten amp. I have seen reports of the XPPF getting very warm if pushed close to the five amp rating.

Do you have any phase coupling between the two incoming power lines from the street.
X10 power line commands have a difficult time. Getting from one line to the other. Many times the symptom is half the installation works and the other half does not. A phase coupler or coupler/repeater is needed in most installations.

No X10  On or Off. Could be the WS467 not working with an LED load as it is not made for LED bulbs, the X10 signal not getting to the WS467 or no signal and WS467 with LED.

akw22

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 05:07:47 AM »

guess I telling 2 different things here,
the switch x-10 sold me is a WS 469
they Switch used in AHP is the WS 467,
I will go an investigate to see if I can find the 469 in AHP to use in it.

I have always had problems with this one switch location with AHP, on and off when it wants etc...

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 06:14:09 AM »

Oh the new On/Off relay type WS469 not the WS467 in the original post.

Yes it is not in the drop down list in AHP.

The WS467 is a dimmer type and if you used the Lamp Drop down list and not the Lamps before Soft Start. AHP will send extended x10 codes the WS469 may not understand.

Try calling it a WS14 or X10Pro XPS3. They are relay type wall switchs. The onscreen icon will show a decorator style switch but it should respond.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 06:16:41 AM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.