Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: putting it through the paces  (Read 4149 times)

Mic_

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
putting it through the paces
« on: February 02, 2018, 01:31:25 PM »

Got my WM 100  :) putting it through the paces. So far, I have no issues controlling transceiver modules with the home (alpha) code wheel and number code wheel. In other words, transceiver modules with two settings. So far, I have no luck activating transceiver units with only (Alpha) the house setting alone. I will keep working the issue. Next test for me is to see if I can control transceivers, outside the home.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: putting it through the paces
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 01:47:39 PM »

:-[ I'm confused & It doesn't take much nowadays  ::) :'
So far, I have no issues controlling transceiver modules with the home (alpha) code wheel and number code wheel. In other words, transceiver modules with two settings. So far, I have no luck activating transceiver units with only (Alpha) the house setting alone.
All modules require both the house code and unit code.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 02:18:54 PM »

What transceiver has two code dials?

Are you thinking of the X10 TM751 {X10Pro PAT02} and X10 RR501 {X10Pro PAT01} Transceivers?

The RR501 has a House Code wheel and a Unit code 1 or 9 switch.
It has a power line receiver in it and can be controlled by an X10 RF or power line command. To the House Code set on the dial and the Unit code 1 or 9 depending on the switch.

The TM751 has a House Code dial and is hard coded to Unit Code 1.
It has no power line receiver in it. So you can only control it with an X10 RF command to the House Code set on the dial and Unit Code 1.

If you are not sending an X10 RF command to a TM751 it will not respond.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 02:51:33 PM by Brian H »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 06:57:51 PM »

What transceiver has two code dials?
Are you thinking of the X10 TM751 {X10Pro PAT02} and X10 RR501 {X10Pro PAT01} Transceivers?
AH now I'm starting to understand. ::) :'
Thanks Brian, I thought I was losing it. :-[
The WM100 is PLC only and only sends commands to modules configured in the app.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Mic_

Re: Putting it through the paces
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 10:10:22 PM »

Sorry I confused you guys.

-One module I have has got two wheels; one wheel has letters (House Code) a,b,c,...The other wheel has got numbers; 1,2,3...

-The scond modules I have only have one wheel with (House code) letters; a,b,c...This one does not respond to the new wifi unit

-Do I understand correctly that the second modules I mentoned here will not work with the new wifi hub? If this is the case, this will be an easy fix. I will simply purchase more of the first modules and continue the new wifi shake down

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 02:32:08 AM »

Give us the model number on the back of the two modules you are posting about.
The description is kind of vague with out knowing exactly what you have.

I think your module with two dials. House Code and Unit code is not a transceiver but a different model module.

Transceivers have an external antenna on it and take X10 RF commands and resent them on the power lines. They only have a House Code Dial and either a 1 or 9 Unit Code slide switch or no Unit Code choice hard set to Unit Code 1 internally.
An internal On Off switch to control a load on its output outlet.

The TM751 and PAT02 are RF only. No power line control. Set to Unit Code 1.
I don't think the WM100 has X10 RF signal capabilities.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 02:42:37 AM by Brian H »

pshammond

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 08:15:08 AM »

I have an RR501.  It is in the house while the WM100 is in the stable, about 300 feet away.  The RR501 responds to the WM501 just fine.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 08:42:18 AM »

I have an RR501.  It is in the house while the WM100 is in the stable, about 300 feet away.  The RR501 responds to the WM501 just fine.

Thank you for the information.
The RR501 has a power line receiver in it. So it should respond if the X10 power line commands get to it.
The TM751 is RF only and probably will not respond.

Mic_

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 10:17:46 AM »

-The model  TM 751 has the antenna, and the wheel with letters only...It does not respond to the WM100

-The model AM 466 have no antennas, but have two dials, one with letters, and one with numbers. It responds to the WM100

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 02:40:38 PM »

-The model  TM 751 has the antenna, and the wheel with letters only...It does not respond to the WM100

-The model AM 466 have no antennas, but have two dials, one with letters, and one with numbers. It responds to the WM100

The TM751 is an X10 RF to Power Line Transceiver. With a On Off output on the bottom of the case. It has no power line receiver in it and can not be controlled by a WM100.
The AM466 is an Appliance Module. It is power line only communications and can be controlled by a WM100.

Mic_

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 04:36:25 PM »

-The feature I like about the TM 751 is the power pass through button. Allows one to manually push a button on the device to turn it on.
-The feature above is not available on the AM 466; it would be a nice addition

-Got an item of interest for those who have the x2 cameras and would like to use them still. I have something called a web box, hooked to a quad splitter that my x2 cameras run through. I have the x2 cams hooked up to the AM 466. Now with the new x10 WiFi hub, I can not only see the x2 cams anywhere I go, I can switch them with the x10 hub and the AM 466. Loving the new WIFI hub more every day.

Mic_

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 03:14:58 AM »

Has anyone lost the (AC) power to the WM100 yet? When power returns, does the hub resync itself to your modem? Do you have to manually re sync the HUB to the modem?

This is good to know because should you loose power while away from home you would be out of luck until you return home

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 03:17:08 AM »

I've unplugged it and moved it to other outlets and it always reconnected without issue.
The only resync required was the time.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 03:19:22 AM »

The older AM466 had local control sensing. If you turned the connected loads local switch off and back on. It would switch on if it was off. Local control sensing could cause some modern loads like CFL and LED bulbs to pulse or sometimes back on.
Newer ones where being sold as CFL friendly.
Some of the now discontinued X10 Clone appliance modules. From other manufacturers did have a local on off button.

Having more than one TM751 in some situations could lead to corrupted power line commands from X10 RF remotes. As they where not polite and if two received the RF command. Both would place it onto the power lines.
It is hard coded to Unit Code 1. So you many times you had to use a different House Code cor each one.

Mic_

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2018, 03:48:02 AM »

Any idea if X10 has got, or plan to offer an AM466, or anything like it, with a power pass through push button switch?
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.