Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Will the X10 WIFI app and WM100 replace AHP and the CM15?  (Read 56852 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Will the X10 WIFI app and WM100 replace AHP and the CM15?
« on: February 08, 2018, 09:10:08 AM »

I get asked this many time and judging from recent emails so does Authinx. B:(
AHP was developed over several years so to expect the X10 WIFI app to replace it  right out of the box is a high expectation. I do believe some day the app will be able to replace AHP!

As for the WM100 replacing the CM15 that ain't going to happen :(
The lack of RF support and the device limitation make this impossible with out a hardware rebuild.

I like to think of the WM100 a replacement for the CM11 but even that is a stretch.
Possibly in the future we'll see a WM100 PRO with RF and that may replace the CM15 ::) :'

For several this WM100 and app make a nice addition to our Home Automation setups.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Will the X10 WIFI app and WM100 replace AHP and the CM15?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 10:21:58 AM »

... I do believe some day the app will be able to replace AHP!

As for the WM100 replacing the CM15 that ain't going to happen :(

With all due respect, I don't think the app will ever be able to replace AHP.
As long as you have a CM15A, you'll need AHP to program it (it *can* be controlled in real-time using other software, but that still needs a computer connected to it 24/7).
Since Authinx doesn't have the source code for AHP, or the protocol information to program the CM15A, I think that's pretty much a dead end - unfortunately.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 11:35:29 AM »

Since Authinx doesn't have the source code for AHP, or the protocol information to program the CM15A, I think that's pretty much a dead end - unfortunately.
They could always create new firmware/software. While it might not be compatible with AHP that's really not necessary.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 03:39:52 PM »

IMHO... the WM100 is a typical HUB. Like most (if not all) the other HA HUBS out there. It acts, looks, and functions like a HUB. Maybe the WM100 wasn't designed to replace anything.... but instead it is to be something that is an expectation for a HA brand.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tucson

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 06:33:34 PM »

For me it already has, I unplugged my CM15A last week and I'm not looking back. I know that for many it may not be enough but for me it is good enough. I'm very happy to have a supported product again.

I do miss macros and hope they add timers to scenes.

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 03:02:02 AM »

For me it already has, I unplugged my CM15A last week and I'm not looking back. I know that for many it may not be enough but for me it is good enough. I'm very happy to have a supported product again.

You know... I'd bet MOST X10 users will be happy with the abilities of the WM100.... particularly when they can pair it to a digital assistance like Alexa. And... Alexa expands your routines too!

And for those of us who really just want MORE. Like myself.... automation is a hobby of sorts... so more is all part of the interest. There is still usable CM15A tech available. And even compatible Homeseer devices/software. 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 12:18:12 PM »

With all due respect, I don't think the app will ever be able to replace AHP.
As long as you have a CM15A, you'll need AHP to program it
I guesss replace was the wrong word it most likely will never beable to upload to the cm15.
But give the memory capablilites of the wm100 it has the possibilities of doing more then AHP (timer and macro wise) once RF is added, the wm100 (pro) ::) :' should be able to out perform the CM15.
Maybe it is wishful thinking on my part ::) :'
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 03:25:26 PM »

But give the memory capablilites of the wm100 it has the possibilities of doing more then AHP (timer and macro wise) once RF is added, the wm100 (pro) ::) :' should be able to out perform the CM15.

Compare the ARM Cortex MCU of the WM100 with the ARM Cortex MCU of the RPi3 and then dream of the possibilities.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

HA Dave

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 03:56:16 PM »

Compare the ARM Cortex MCU of the WM100 with the ARM Cortex MCU of the RPi3 and then dream of the possibilities.

Yes.

SkipWX10

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 06:01:32 PM »

HI all, new here and just installed my WM100. Currently using it only for testing control of several lights using the phone like a palmpad. Still running the house off the CM15 and probably will for the foreseeable future, but with my limited setup, the WM100 could almost take over if it is as reliable as the CM15 with AHP has been.

For the record, been using X10 since the late 70's with Radio Shack 'Plug n' Play modules (still have some!)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 10:50:48 PM by SkipWX10 »

stevenrw

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 02:54:43 PM »

I also just purchased the WM100 and was disappointed in the lack of functionality of the CM15.
Especially the limited #of devices you can control and the short length of a device name. Disappointing, especially for a device that was designed from scratch, I assume.

But, as mentioned by someone else it really is an HA Hub and as that, works pretty well.

However, I have used AHP and a CM15 for a long time and have used macros extensively to call scripts that will do some nice custom stuff for me like running an .exe for texting, etc.
As far as I can tell the WM100 leaves out the possibility of using a Powerflash module which I was hoping to continue with.

So it looks like I'm back to using a CM15 for full functionality.
 :-\

HA Dave

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 07:56:04 PM »

................... it looks like I'm back to using a CM15 for full functionality.
 :-\

The CM15A is/was a marvel of automation.... much better than it was ever given credit for, IMHO. And when connected to a home PC with plug-ins and the X10 servers.... it really made a home "smart". I still have a couple CM15A's plugged in and working too.

But I expect even greater things in HA in the near future.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 11:07:06 PM »

I still have a couple CM15A's plugged in and working too.
Call me curious (I've been called worse).
Since you have a Hometroller and Homeseer, what functions are your two CM15A doing? ( I may have to break mine out of mothballs).  ;)
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 03:32:59 AM »

...... Since you have a Hometroller and Homeseer, what functions are your two CM15A doing?

I have one simple macro that that Homeseer didn't want to see it's trigger as an action. PLUS.... that CM15A transceives. The other CM15A is the Hometroller plug-in/interface. I only took the HA PC (a laptop) off-line a few months/weeks ago (Febuary?). I have been trying to NOT recreate the way the setup looked/functioned before... but to instead re-invent or "re-imagine" something different.... and hopefully better.

I don't mind using/doing a bit of this.. and a little of that. I also use  Wink Hub, and an MyQ (garage control), and some Apple compatible lamp modules, a Cree wifi bulb, along with OF COURSE Amazon's Alexa.

I have (for the last 12 years?) been growing my setup.... trying new things.... and new ways of doing things. At first.... all my "automation projects" revolved around solving problems. First my Home Theater needed lighting control (and a wow factor). X10 and a couple macros solved that problem. Then... X10 cameras solved the problem of me not being able to see my driveway from inside the house. And so on. But in recent years... I've looked to find new ways to enrich my home experience.

But now... with AI, the great compatibility of various products, and my iphone integrating with EVERYTHING... I am convinced there is much more to be done with my setup... than I have yet discovered. I experiment with and try as many different things as I can. Some things work... many other things... not so much. 

ekraus

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2018, 11:29:34 AM »

I installed the app before I bought the module but it will not allow me to do a sample program.
And the doc doesn't answer my questions.
I currently have an 1132CU that has become less then reliable.
I have the following needs .
Dusk/Dawn Timer?
Is it set up by Longitude and latitude?
Does is track daily changes in dusk dawn times?
Can you set the Dusk/dawn timer to trigger before or after?
What about security settings?
Where is the schedule stored Phone or WM100?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.