Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Welcome to the WIFi module section!  (Read 34065 times)

thpmoson12

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Welcome to the WIFi module section!
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2018, 05:07:14 AM »

An Alexa skill is one of the first things the developer is to look at once all the bugs are worked out of the current App. You will not need another newer WM100 for that. >!

Cool. Hopefully this will be up-gradable for years to come, and bring more people back to and new people to x10  :)% >!

thpmoson12

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2018, 08:36:14 AM »

Wow fast shipping. I ordered my WM100 Wednesday afternoon and it came in todays Saturday afternoons mail :)% from Texas to Pennsylvania.

Not sure if I'll have a chance to set it up this weekend or not I'll be at the cabin no wifi :( . >! Cheers everybody

Mic_

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2018, 09:41:28 PM »

I used the WM100 to activate my lights and devices while I was a long way from home, yesterday. It worked as advertised! X10 is back...

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2018, 06:58:01 PM »

Please send link for the Manuel of WM 100. I tried help section but didn’t find.
Thanks.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2018, 10:16:36 PM »

Please send link for the Manuel of WM 100. I tried help section but didn’t find.
Thanks.
The link to the manual is in a separate pinned thread in the Help & Trouble shooting  section.
Called The X10WIFI Manual,  I don't know how you could have missed it. ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Mic_

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2018, 09:16:19 PM »

I too have lots of X10 stuff. Cant wait to see what the future holds

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2018, 10:48:48 PM »

The new WM100 has turned out to be a rock-solid device. Only a very fractional few defects... not bad for a first run.... all quickly replaced.

I really like mine... and it's WAF (Wife Approval Factor) around here. For the very first time in many years.... my wife feels she has complete control of the home lighting. Right now I am using another product to control my X10 using Amazon's Alexa (mostly through routines). I think when this simple easy to setup WM100 gets a published "skill" and can also make peoples X10 controllable by Alexa (and google).... this will be totally awesome.

I too have lots of X10 stuff. Cant wait to see what the future holds

The future is so bright. We're going top need sunglasses.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 03:02:33 PM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2018, 11:23:16 PM »

I really like mine... and it's WAF (Wife Approval Factor) around here. For the very first time in many years.... my wife feels she has complete control of the home lighting.
I too like mine and the WAF it has here.
The fact that my wife now shows off our HA setup is proof, Authinx has put X10 back in the spot light.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

SkipWX10

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2018, 09:32:14 AM »

When I met my wife and we got an apartment, I set up a few switches and modules and had a PP a mini controller by the bed....she thought I was a nut and a geek....

Now, twenty some years later, she complains if the lights aren't on by sunset and she has a mini controller by HER side of the bed to turn off all the lights if any are on by the time I retire....

Easy convert she was...

Mic_

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2018, 02:04:11 AM »

I never game up on x10. I was starting to doubt a bit before the wm100 really became real. I know many moved on to IP cameras and the like. I too use IP cameras; however, I never removed my venerable X2cams. I hoped for the day when I could use them again (I see lots of them being sold on ebay, and other places). I could always use them in the home environment, but I could not control switching between them, while away from home. I really love these small, functional cameras.
I had them hooked through what's called a web box, that allowed me to view then, on a computer while away from home; however, I could not switch between them. In walks the wn100; now I can switch between the cameras and turn on and off lights, and see what' going on in the house.
My next challenge is be able to have this same control using my smart phone. There are no issues controlling my IP cameras via the wm100; I want to do the same, with the smat phone for my x2 cams.
if my web box software could work on my smart phone, like it does on my computer, this would not be an issue. Mw webbox software requires java and internet explorer to work,...most smart phones will not support both things. At any rate, I am on the cusp o Nirvana

HA Dave

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2018, 05:56:50 AM »

... I was starting to doubt a bit before the wm100 really became real. I know many moved on to IP cameras.... I too use IP cameras....... At any rate, I am on the cusp o Nirvana

Automation Nirvana. never lasts long for me. My Home Automation setup.... is an ongoing project. And like yourself I also doubted the development of the WiFi module. And I had also moved on with IP cameras (and more) while X10... vacationed. But I am now very excited to see X10 has returned with the WM100.

I look forward to more developments with the WM100 and "skills" that make X10 voice controlled (and more) for everyone.

Markga1

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2018, 10:16:32 PM »

:) Newbie here,  Dave  you and Tuicemen give all so much information.  It is great to have this resource available.  You two have solve many situations for me just by reading your posts and conversations.  Thank you both for all you contribute to this forum.  I really enjoy reading it all.

I think newbie should read all your posts, I am sure they will find there answers here.    #:)

Rnning a ACEPC AK1, with msata 500GB samsung drive, and also a 250 GB SSD. Works great.  Also of coarse Alex10 with a CM19 and the SDK and 12 X10 devices, Alexa, and a Trane Thermostate with a Nexia bridge. 

Thanks again to both of you

Mark

HA Dave

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2018, 12:11:59 AM »

..... Thanks again to both of you

Mark

I am humbled Mark. And I have a lot to be humble about too. I best represent what the average guy can accomplish with X10 and Home Automation. Just by jumping in... reading directions and instructions... and being willing to try again when I don't immediately succeed. MANY of the guys here (Tuicemen included) have so much more knowledge and experience than myself. I am just prolific in my posts... and have a passion for X10 and Home Automation in general. Thank you Mark.... for taking the time to read my posts.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.