📱X10 WIFI > 🗯General Discussion

Will the X10 WIFI app and WM100 replace AHP and the CM15?

(1/15) > >>

Tuicemen:
I get asked this many time and judging from recent emails so does Authinx. B:(
AHP was developed over several years so to expect the X10 WIFI app to replace it  right out of the box is a high expectation. I do believe some day the app will be able to replace AHP!

As for the WM100 replacing the CM15 that ain't going to happen :(
The lack of RF support and the device limitation make this impossible with out a hardware rebuild.

I like to think of the WM100 a replacement for the CM11 but even that is a stretch.
Possibly in the future we'll see a WM100 PRO with RF and that may replace the CM15 ::) :'

For several this WM100 and app make a nice addition to our Home Automation setups.
 >!

Noam:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on February 08, 2018, 09:10:08 AM ---... I do believe some day the app will be able to replace AHP!

As for the WM100 replacing the CM15 that ain't going to happen :(

--- End quote ---

With all due respect, I don't think the app will ever be able to replace AHP.
As long as you have a CM15A, you'll need AHP to program it (it *can* be controlled in real-time using other software, but that still needs a computer connected to it 24/7).
Since Authinx doesn't have the source code for AHP, or the protocol information to program the CM15A, I think that's pretty much a dead end - unfortunately.

dhouston:

--- Quote from: Noam on February 08, 2018, 10:21:58 AM ---Since Authinx doesn't have the source code for AHP, or the protocol information to program the CM15A, I think that's pretty much a dead end - unfortunately.

--- End quote ---
They could always create new firmware/software. While it might not be compatible with AHP that's really not necessary.

HA Dave:
IMHO... the WM100 is a typical HUB. Like most (if not all) the other HA HUBS out there. It acts, looks, and functions like a HUB. Maybe the WM100 wasn't designed to replace anything.... but instead it is to be something that is an expectation for a HA brand.

Tucson:
For me it already has, I unplugged my CM15A last week and I'm not looking back. I know that for many it may not be enough but for me it is good enough. I'm very happy to have a supported product again.

I do miss macros and hope they add timers to scenes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version