Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 MODULE software seems to freeze at least once daily  (Read 1368 times)

highestbid

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 MODULE software seems to freeze at least once daily
« on: February 16, 2018, 12:04:24 PM »

Quick setup note.  I am running ALEX10 to drive a CM17A thru HABRIDGE on Windows 10.  With so many moving parts it is hard for a novice to really be sure where the issue is.  What I do know is that ALEX10 freezes up and refuses to respond seemingly daily.  After playing around in task manager I found a program running called X10 Module.  If I kill that ALEX10 will wake up but it of course now has nothing to control.   I have not found a way to independently restart the X10 Module so I can say for sure if ALEX would then be OK.  I noticed the X10 Module is 32 bit so I tried running it in several different comparability modes still hangs up after a bit.   If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear, my wife was impressed with my ability to drive our remote control devices via voice but has become less so as it usually is hung back up by the time she tries to turn something on. 

I did try to do a good number of searches of the board before I wrote this :)  But unless you know the right question to ask it is hard to find the answer.   Any help you might provide even in determining the correct thing to search for here or on Google would be appreciated.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: X10 MODULE software seems to freeze at least once daily
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 01:18:18 PM »

I can't help with your setup, unfortunately.  I can say that my first toe in the X10 pool was with a Firecracker (CM17A).  I found it to be a pretty terrible controller for a few reasons.  After digging it back out a few years later, I decided that I needed a CM15A and have been mostly happy with it.  I did modify it with an RF antenna and don't use the internal memory.  It's basically a PLC and RF modem at this point, but for that it does a pretty decent job.  That said, I don't know if your issue is with the Firecracker or the software, but that program seems familiar so maybe that was what I had issues with too.   :'

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 01:26:49 PM »

What you are stopping is x10nets and is a service.
I doubt that stopping and restarting it will solve your issue.
Your the first one that has mentioned Alex10 working with a cm17 as I was unable to test that interface
The Ha-Bridge has been known to stop. I've attempted to solve this with Alex10.however you must have the Ha-Bidge set to start when Alex10 starts.
You can check to see if it is the Ha-Bridge that has stopped by opening the bowser to the Bridges address
Usually http://127.0.0.1
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

highestbid

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 03:58:14 PM »

Yes I bridge is up and running.  I can kill ALEX10 and restart it with no joy.  Only if I manually kill the X10.  I just found a post that told me where to look for the x10.dll  I found it and it is a really old version.  Any idea where I get an updated one?

Thanks again for your reply and your help.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.