Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: CM 15 question  (Read 4775 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: CM 15 question
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 01:09:45 AM »

Lifejacket should work on XP sp2 it is the older versions that I'm  unsure of. If I remember net framework 4 is required which wasn't supported untill XP sp2.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2018, 01:36:12 AM »

... now we need to get X10 to post that link.
Actually the link is posted just not in the support page it is in the sales site under the AHP software.
You need to scroll down as the page lists it as out of stock at the top but supplies the download links further down.
https://www.x10.com/activehome.html
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2018, 04:42:24 AM »

Actually the link is posted... in the sales site under the AHP software. https://www.x10.com/activehome.html

I feel I am good now. I no longer run a HA PC... and only temperarly using AHP macros instead of HS events. But I do like macros! And now I have 3 laptops with AHP (and 2 desktops) so I feel comfortable that I am good-to-go. I do like my back-ups.

I've always thought the CM15A with the AHP software was an awesome HA tool... well ahead of it's time. At $79 it's a real value... even without using any PC connectivity. It's exciting to think what the WM100 might be able to bring to HA. And the two combined.... very impressive.

It has been interesting... re-imagining my Home Automation setup. I've often wondered what my HA setup would look like if I ever had to re-create it. I have found I really like lights functioning as "groups". Althought some areas are on motion sensor switches that control light for me automaticly... other areas I still flip a switch or tell Alexa to turn a light On or Off. Of course some are controlled by a combo of dusk-dawn and time. Whichever way I use... lighting is a pretty much automated.

I've turned my attention to phone notifications... which is progressing. I've disabled my home alert, PC controlled speaker system. And I have hopes of using a more limited Amazon/Echo/Alexa BlueTooth speaker setup.

But all that and much more... begins with HUBs and processors like with the CM15A, and the WM100, and others I am using. It's really nice to see X10 is back in the game sorta speak.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 04:46:07 AM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2018, 05:04:11 AM »

I still run my CM15 connected to a PC 24/7. I just have several macros that require a PC connection in order to work.
Several of these could be moved to the WM100 once some additional options are added to the WM100.
Saddly without RF abilities in the WM100 I won't be able to move everything over to it. :(
I have removed my PC and CM15 from operation at my off grid place however.
There I use a Broadlink RM for RF my security console converts to PLC for commands that need to be done that way.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2018, 05:31:19 AM »

I still run my CM15 connected to a PC 24/7. I just have several macros that require a PC connection in order to work.......

I am not against PC's.... the processors add the "smart" to our smart homes. I just think there might be cheaper versions/ways to process macro processes. The mini PC (Microsoft) sticks look promising... as does the Raspberry Pi (Linux) stuff. Or maybe just using our Android and/or Apple phones... since we carry them anyway.

It's a GREAT time to enjoy and advance with Home Automation!
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2018, 06:14:36 AM »

For some reason, I didn't think dot net 4 would run on xp. It may just be that you can't DL dot net 4 on XP anymore due to MS dropping support.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2018, 06:35:39 AM »

I'm  not 100% sure lifejacket will work on XP but it should.

Worked for me. On Windows XP SP3.

Just tried it on an old XP SP3 machine and it works too. Its fine for local HA control but I wouldn't expose this machine to the Internet.

I have an XP machine at my other place that is still receiving regular security updates after I did the POS (not what you're thinking) registry hack.  You can do it in a minute and then your XP machine will remain safe - at least through 4/19.

Details at:  https://www.ghacks.net/2014/05/24/get-security-updates-windows-xp-april-2019/
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.