Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Compatibility Matrix Needed  (Read 2040 times)

salto_jorge

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Compatibility Matrix Needed
« on: February 28, 2018, 12:30:47 AM »

X10  sells:   ActiveHome,  PowerHouse  "Silo"  and others at one time (Supervised security System DS7000 )   (PS561) ....

x10 makes many various motion sensors:  MS10, MS13, MS14,  PLUS MORE
Then you have the RR501 , KR10A
Lastly Lamp/Outlet and switch  replacement units.

MY ULTIMATE question and can be used with what,   Compatibility matrix...........

Without this knowledge one can have a collection of items that sit in a shelf or storage box.    >*<

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Compatibility Matrix Needed
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 02:31:20 AM »

Since several of the items you refer to are no longer sold by Authinx you may wish to look them up.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Main_Page
This will give you a good idea what you can use them with and for what.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 02:36:05 AM »

X10 has 2 standards that it uses (PLC and RF).  In general, if a module is RF (310MHz radio frequency in the US), it will say so and will be compatible with all other X10 RF equipment (so long as it's US components).  If it's not RF, it's going to be PLC (power line commands).  In order to use the equipment, you must have a controlled module (lamp module, appliance module, light switch, etc) and a transmitter/remote control (key fob, palm pad, motion sensor, mini/maxi controller, etc).  If the remote device is RF, you will need a transcoder to convert the RF signal to PLC (RR501, TM751, CM15A, etc).

The simplest configuration would probably be a lamp plugged into a lamp module (LM465) and plugged into the wall and a mini-controller (MC10A) plugged in at a different location.  To turn on the light, you press the ON button for the unit code that the lamp module is set to.

TL;DR: X10 is RF and PLC.  If it says RF it works with all RF.  If it says PLC, it works with all PLC.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 04:24:33 AM »

If it says RF it works with all RF.  If it says PLC, it works with all PLC.

That's not entirely accurate. There are 3 different RF Protocols. One, sent by PalmPads & Keychain Remotes, I'll call standard, is transceived by the TM751, RR501 and CM15A as PLC. A second, ignored by the TM751 and RR501 but logged by the CM15A - it is sent by security devices (e.g. door/window switches & security motion sensors) and is acted on by security consoles. The third, sent by the PalmPad-like CR14A, positions Ninja camera mounts.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 04:28:01 AM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

bkenobi

• PI Expert
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 05:49:52 AM »

That is correct.  I was assuming that we were just talking about standard modules not security or cameras. It's also true that US is 310MHz and the world is a different frequency, so there could be other issues with buying internationally.  The same could be said about extended codes and some modules not working well when those are used (my chime starts screaming if a malformed or extended code is sent).

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 06:08:37 AM »

That is correct.  I was assuming that we were just talking about standard modules not security or cameras.

The DS7000 in the first line of the initial post is a security console (actually 7-pc kit) that used door/window sensors and motion sensors. It also included security remotes (e.g. SH624) and a powerhorn.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 06:14:51 AM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 06:22:49 AM »

Since several of the items you refer to are no longer sold by Authinx you may wish to look them up.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Main_Page
This will give you a good idea what you can use them with and for what.

This site may be even more helpful.
https://thex10shop.com/pages/x10-instruction-manuals

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 07:01:31 AM »

Besides Security Console control. The SH624 also can control X10 modules through a transceiver or the Security Console itself. Using the House Code Dial on the console. That also sets the address for the flashing lights when a alarm is sounding.

The SH624 has four On Off buttons for control of regular X10 modules. Unit Codes 1 to 4 on the House Code set on the remotes dial. Along with a Bright Dim set of buttons.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 07:51:15 AM »

@salto_jorge

You have listed a mixture of standard (for lights/appliances) and security devices. There is some cross-over between standard/security. I suggest you first read the user manuals at the site I posted earlier in this thread (Reply #6). Then ask any further questions you have about specific modules/devices here. There are several folks who can help once you've narrowed things down some.

P.S. The only silo X10 I can find does not appear to be X10 technology.
http://www.waclighting.com/product/3200
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 08:12:41 AM by dhouston »

bkenobi

• PI Expert
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 12:59:20 PM »

The DS7000 in the first line of the initial post is a security console (actually 7-pc kit) that used door/window sensors and motion sensors. It also included security remotes (e.g. SH624) and a powerhorn.
Fair enough.  I've never used security modules though I have a stack of door sensors and the CM15A can use them.  I was just trying to answer the standard module question but security modules are clearly a primary concern for the OP.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 09:16:47 PM »

Almost all of the X10 manufactured OEM devices for other vendors are also compatible.
Only thing that comes to mind is the Black&Decker Freewire line.
They used a different 418MHz RF frequency. So they could not interface with the X10 310MHz RF devices.
Their power line modules where compatible with X10 power line commands and X10 modules could be controlled by Freewire RF commands through their Messenger Hub.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.