Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "Room On" button  (Read 4152 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: "Room On" button
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2018, 08:49:37 AM »

How about a check box for individual switches and modules to include them in the Room ON and Room OFF functions?
I think Room ON is a great feature. I have a "security/panic" event in Homeseer which turns on all lights inside and outside the house, except the bedroom where we are likely to be, in a night burgle. I can't do this with the Willie because I have space heaters and coffee makers in the rooms I want to panic on. Also as noted in the thread, "All Lights ON" X10 command does not work well since a lot of appliance modules are now used for CFL's and LED's

Jeff's suggestion solves all these problems.

I don't know how hard it would be to use Jeff's check box suggestion, but it is a perfect solution IMHO.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2018, 09:05:48 AM »

How about a check box for individual switches and modules to include them in the Room ON and Room OFF functions?
Jeff

How much different would that be than just setting up a scene (except that you'd need to create separate scenes for on and off for each room)?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2018, 09:13:38 AM »

Setting up a scene would work as well and add a bit more control for now.

I'm told the manual has been edited (pg13) adding the note about the all devices turning on/off from a Room
The concerns have also been forwarded to the developer to see if the idea Jeff put forth or something simular can be coded in.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2018, 10:18:53 AM »

In response to Knightrider's post about KeyPadLincs no longer available with X10, that isn't the case according to Sean Migaud from Insteon.

Very good news! (For me)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:08:24 PM by Knightrider »
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2018, 09:38:16 PM »

Smartlabs, Smarthome and all their patents including Insteon where sold last summer. To Richmond Capital Partners.
Old location almost gone. Shipping and all Customer Support farmed out to third party companies.
They may not have all the details correct.
I know many of the models dropped X10 years ago. The older power line ones probably still support it.

I would also like to see any one with a present date code model saying it still can do X10.
As you pointed out. Present sales pages and manuals don't not show any X10 information for still supported or quietly dropped.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2018, 04:49:33 AM »

Jeff

I am only using 2 or 3 lamp modules now-a-days as I am mostly using LEDs for lighting. So the lights only function wouldn't be to helpful for me.

It just occurred to me that when you set up a new module in the Willie 100 App, it specifically asks you if the module is a light source, and if it's dimmable. Seems to me the app planned on appliance modules on LED lights, they just missed something in the code.

The new WS469's aren't dimmable, but do respond to ALL LIGHTS ON commands. If it were an issue of the app just sending the generic ALL LIGHTS ON, there would be no need to specify (Other than for the app to know whether to put a dim slider on the control).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 04:54:22 AM by Knightrider »
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.