Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The WM100 will surely fail...  (Read 5821 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: The WM100 will surely fail...
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2018, 07:12:21 AM »

Update:
I sent them an email asking for a pre paid return label and got it a couple of minutes later.
I got a feeling that its not the WM100 but the Android APP.
Lets see what they find.
That is their thinking as well I suspect, they haven't see this issue before.
You should try reinstalling the app and hard reseting the WM100
They don't want to send you another one and you report it defective as well.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ekraus

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2018, 07:26:24 AM »

I have been in touch with Jeff and talking with him and I realized what may be my problem. As you know all the LED's, CFL's, wall worts, and other power supplies either cause noise or suck signals. And my house is full of that kind of crap. He mentioned something to me and it made me think when I started really having problems. Naturally I thought it was the controller. I have 4 AC's 2 have variable speed fan motors and one is an inverter type variable speed. The inverter is the new one and I am pretty sure thats when I started having problems. So
not only have i ordered one of Jeff's signal analyzer but tonight I am going to kill the Mini Split. If push comes to shove I'll start filtering some of the noisier loads. I have to look at some of them and see if they are built properly to handle the current.

Sonoff without flashing.
Ewelink+IFTTT+Stringfi=Dusk/Dawn
+ I have all of it running on my PC with Bluestacks

Here are some issues with WIFI but I think it will be eventually be the way to go.
No inwall (switch mounted controllers)
No high load switches rated at least 30A (WH, 240V pump)

ekraus

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2018, 07:30:36 AM »

I was going to re install the app but i'll wait until they decide to put out the update.
It takes time to put all those devices and timers back in and test it.
They need to push the Dusk/Dawn issue.
I don't know what there deal is with China but there are great programmers all over the world
that would love to have a steady job.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2018, 07:39:32 AM »

If the app is the issue reinstalling won't affect devices on the wm100. In setup instead of connecting to a new wm100 you connect to an existing HUB. All your configured devices will be detected.
I think the factory was to look after the developer.

Since the Factory had the idea "make it better" means "make it cheaper" atitude I suspect they found the least expensive developer available. I know they went through several programmers during developement.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2018, 08:26:22 AM »

Ewelink+IFTTT+Stringfi=Dusk/Dawn
So if your internet goes down no working Dusk/Dawn. (that won't work for me)
I hope your Sonoff modules support the LAN option in the Ewelink app or the modules are easy to get at to manually cycle.
I'm not sure Wi-Fi is the way to go for all HA, a mixed bag of protocols is the way to go I believe.
X10 had talked about some other Wi-Fi controlled modules during the WM100 development.
I never pressed for extra details  B:( those plans may have been shelved ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ekraus

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2018, 09:31:19 AM »

All of my Sonoff modules are wireless. 433Mhz. I have also built a 433Mhz 4 button remote mounted in a switch plate. I stripped a couple of others out of there shell and mounted them as wall switches bringing out the local control switch.
Look
Here is the bottom line.
I am certified in Crestron, Litetouch, Lutron Touchplate, Barber Coleman, Johnson Controls,
I worked with almost all building and home and industrial, automation products.
The x10 technology was great for the 80's and when the added 2 way modules and extended codes it became a big player in automation. No one ever took advantage of that. The problem is as time goes on products and services seem to get worse.
For now the WM100 doesn't work as stated. Period.
In my day you didn't release products, firmware or software without thoroughly testing it.
And after release if there was a bug which there always is/was you fix it immediately, test it to see if it works and that you didn't break something else and send it out.
These people, Authinx, aint doin it!
I don't need any controllers I can do it manually or pull all of it out and put in digital timers and use a photo cell.
I am just pissed that what I need doesn't work. For now its not a great product.
And what are they going to do when Apple or Google come out with operating system updates?
Will the App stop working.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2018, 10:23:22 AM »

Ah yes I forgot about the RF remote option.
I opted not to get that as I was hoping they would release the protocol which I was later told they would not. :(
Besides If I got one more remote I'd most likely be single again. rofl

For now the WM100 doesn't work as stated. Period.
The fact is yours doesn't, and as you stated it may just be the app.
Mine worked prior to the DST kick in as did other users WMs
Some users had issues prior to DST and the switch to that fixed their dusk dawn issue.

My dusk dawn timers again now works with the test version of the update and I would gladly share that if it didn't keep throwing gags screens that the firmware was outdated. ::) :'

In my day you didn't release products, firmware or software without thoroughly testing it.
And after release if there was a bug which there always is/was you fix it immediately, test it to see if it works and that you didn't break something else and send it out.
These people, Authinx, aint doin it!

They are testing but obviously don't have a large number of testers like X10 WTI had. :(
X10 WTI had developers in the USA not China, this is one reason issues were fixed so quickly they also only developed for 1 OS and that was Windows
And what are they going to do when Apple or Google come out with operating system updates?
Well this latest delay of the fix is proof. It doesn't work on the latest IOS for a good many users and apparently that also depends on the brand of phone ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2018, 10:59:30 AM »

The x10 technology was great for the 80's and when the added 2 way modules and extended codes it became a big player in automation. No one ever took advantage of that.

I am just pissed that what I need doesn't work. For now its not a great product.
Actually if everyone would have bought 2-way modules there would have been even more problems and complaints to X10WTI, as a transmitting module will load down the X10 signal much worse than a receive only module.
Authnix inherited (bought) a basket full of problems. And over all, I think they are doing as well as possible. My hope is they continue hardware manufacturing with the Chinese manufacturer but switch software / firmware development back to US and open source it. 
Maybe look at going with something else(?). I think Z-Wave would be my choice. Insteon seems to be in trouble, I don't see Insteon being around much longer. With over 80 some X10 modules, I would be afraid to go WiFi. It would take either require multiple routers, which I think would be a hideous headache, or hub based systems like HUE. Either solution would require a second mortgage.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2018, 11:52:40 AM »

Since the WM100 appears to use the now standard IoT  communication (MQTT) I suspect once someone gets frustrated enough they will hack a way to control either directly or with MQTT just as users did with Sonoff modules.
I don't see the WM100 as failing as much as the Wi-Fi app  which I consider has already. By the time this update gets released that supposedly fixes DST and Dusk/dawn will be back to standard time, and it may be another year before we're sure the fix for DST actually works B:(

I actually had thought of going to Zwave for my off grid place but held off long enough to see that too wasn't without issues being reported.
The key I believe is using a mix of protocols in ones HA setup, locate problem areas for each and use one of the others in that location.

Sonoff has some cool modules which no other protocol has (at least no it their price range).
Zwave has the door lock market almost sewn up  though I have seen BT and other options available.
It is hard to beat the vast flexibility of X10 however my HA setup is not solely X10 neither at my city or my off grid place.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.