Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: WM100 did not update DST, needed sync to do so  (Read 9325 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: WM100 did not update DST, needed sync to do so
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2018, 07:50:41 PM »

The developer has identified some errors in the dusk dawn code of the app........

UPDATE:
I uninstalled/reinstalled  on one device. Currently running app on a phone and tablet ...

I also still have the DST problem.... with the WM100.... AND with another flavor/brand of WiFi device. Apparently... a slightly tricky event to write code for? I found a couple of work-rounds which will hold me till X10 gets this figured out. Although the dusk/dawn timer error is frustrating a user can always just "add the hour delay/advance" in settings... for now (not what I did).

This problem... has shown me how things can quickly get confusing when dealing with multiple  flavors/brands of Home Automation technology.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2018, 01:58:14 AM »

I also attempted some things on my willy at the cottage and it is still I hour late as well.

I'm an hour early. Last I checked, we were in the same time zone.

I say we just abolish DST.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

HA Dave

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2018, 03:07:32 AM »

...I say we just abolish DST.

I am all for that! Daylight Saving Time a pain in the butt that accomplishes nothing. Have you set-up a voting thread for that?  rofl

Ronr43

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2018, 03:46:51 AM »

I have used a CM15A for 20 years and have never had a problem with the DST change.  Something different in the code for the WiFi unit as opposed to the CM15A.

Hope to see a firmware upgrade soon but until I just do an On/Off time change on a weekly basis and that seems to be working for me. Have 6 switches that rely on Dusk/Dawn times.

Love the WiFi unit and will wait for the change.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2018, 12:10:06 PM »

...I say we just abolish DST.

I am all for that! Daylight Saving Time a pain in the butt that accomplishes nothing. Have you set-up a voting thread for that?  rofl

The Florida legislature passed a bill this session to abolish STANDARD time and use DST year round.  -:) The governor signed the bill into law but before it goes into effect the US Congress must approve it as they have final say on timezones. In essence, Florida will "move" to the Atlantic time zone.  Interestingly, states can choose to exempt themselves from daylight saving time — Arizona and Hawaii do — but nothing in federal law allows them to exempt themselves from standard time. Several New England states are looking at doing the same.

SkipWX10

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2018, 07:34:18 PM »

I will repeat that I am all for moving permanently to Daylight time as opposed to Standard time...much prefer to see light at the 'end' of the day. Interesting to see how this movement shakes out in Congress and the courts...

HA Dave

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2018, 09:32:58 PM »

I will repeat that I am all for moving permanently to Daylight time as opposed to Standard time...much prefer to see light at the 'end' of the day. Interesting to see how this movement shakes out in Congress and the courts...

I say repeal the UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) and GMT time schemes. Forget this "One World Order" Universal Time (UT)... let our relevant position to the sun determine the time.  :'

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2018, 09:33:14 PM »

I have used a CM15A for 20 years and have never had a problem with the DST change.

Similarly with our Ocelot - rock solid for 15 years.  Setup was using our zip code to find the GPS coordinates, and then enter them.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

HA Dave

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2018, 09:39:09 PM »

I have used a CM15A for 20 years and have never had a problem with the DST change.

Similarly with our Ocelot - rock solid for 15 years.  Setup was using our zip code to find the GPS coordinates, and then enter them.

I also run a CM15A (2). Are you guys CM15A's connected to running computers? When I removed my CM15A from a running PC... I assumed that the computers clock and AHP software is what kept the CM15A "on time". Does a stand alone CM15A keep accurate time? 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2018, 09:40:49 PM »

I have used a CM15A for 20 years and have never had a problem with the DST change.  Something different in the code for the WiFi unit as opposed to the CM15A.
Many did have issues so your one of the lucky ones.
Most of the newer DST issues with the CM15 was due to the date changes so dusk /dawn times were only off for the period between the old date change and the new date change.
I suspect this may be part of the issue the manufacture may be using the old dates that DST was to take affect.
If that is true we should see a correction shortly.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2018, 10:07:08 PM »

Update:

I just installed a new dusk/dawn timer. The app asked permission to use my location. Think this was my problem.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2018, 11:03:02 PM »

Update:

I just installed a new dusk/dawn timer. The app asked permission to use my location. Think this was my problem.
I did the same and got the same question but it made no difference.
I've not noticed if the developer has been playing with my Willies yet. rofl
Latest word is the manufacture is looking at using a different data base. ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2018, 12:42:32 AM »

I think your math may be off just a bit - the CM15A was introduced in 2004. That's only 14 years ago. :-)

Ronr43

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2018, 04:57:35 PM »

At my age anything is possible.  I just know that I have used the same unit through 4 house moves and have had no issues with it.

Still love the WiFi unit so I don't have to connect to my computer every time I want to add a unit or change a schedule.

HA Dave

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2018, 09:13:41 PM »

..... - the CM15A was introduced in 2004. That's only 14 years ago. :-)

I bought a CM11A soon into my entry into X10.... and was miserably disappointed with it. I almost just gave up on X10 and Home Automation altogether... out of frustration.

In 2006 (I believe) Bill posted of his BVC software... which enabled Voice controlled Home Automation using Windows XP SAPI5 voice recognition software. But I needed a CM15A to give it a try. After my experience with the CM11A (which I never got to work).... it wasn't easy for me to make that leap.

It was after buying the CM15A (in 2006) that i learned it was a phase issue that had hindered my setup. After adding a phase coupler, more AHP software, a 24/7 Home Automation PC, BVC.... and more my setup bosomed. It both seems like yesterday.... and a lifetime ago.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.