Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: CM15 problems  (Read 4454 times)

jayem

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: CM15 problems
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2018, 12:41:36 AM »

I don't know about the dimmer assumption as the CM15 when driven by the computer worked well and the module responded to all the other controllers.  It is a possibility that the CM15 does have some unique form of protocol.  "Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of man"  The CM15 system didn't respond to some of the earlier switch programs that did not have dimmer capability. 
I should mention that like many others I have had some difficulty with LED lights switched by Appliance and Lamp modules and in almost every case the modules switched off if I had a small "wall wart" power supply plugged into the module output.  Perhaps there is a Power Factor issue.  Seems like a small price to pay for resolving this issue.
Thanks again
John

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 12:53:25 AM »

Only the WS13A-L in the two Lamp lists use the X10 extended commands.
The WS13A-A in the Appliance list should work properly.

The LED findings. Is many times the Local Control Sensing voltage and On Off sensor in relay types mixed with the LEDs electronics. The small wall wart would load down the sensing voltage so the LED bulbs did not glow when Off.

jayem

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 12:40:05 AM »

I am using version 3.318, but I think the list may be truncated and I am not seeing the full line.  Cannot open the window more so this is only a guess.
Over the many years, since 70's, I have never paid too much attention to the specific type of device as I assumed the address protocol was common to all devices.  Now I see that at least as far as the CM15A is concerned it is fussy about the specific device.  Good to find that out before I expire this vale of tears.
Thanks to the group for your interest and suggestions.
John

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2018, 05:31:10 AM »

Some of the choices mostly give you a icon to represent the module in AHP.
Some like the LM465 and Wall Switches could determine what AHP send to the modules address.
Later wall switches with Preset Dim, Soft Start and the Soft Start LM465. Can use X10 Extended Commands while the older ones can not. That is why AHP 3.318 has two Lamp Lists. If you use the Lamps List with an older X10 module. It will be sent an Extended X10 command. Like On that an older model does not process. So it does not go On.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.