Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Any software of firmware updates scheduled?  (Read 24793 times)

ceedee

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: Any software of firmware updates scheduled?
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2018, 05:34:14 PM »

I’m still using my iphone 5 running iOS 10 to read the log!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2018, 05:45:19 PM »

always been Authinxs intention expanding to all 256 possible house code unit code combinations and RF ability.
A Pro Unit is what Authinx original intended for "Power users" what ever that is  :o My guess is its anyone that uses more the 3 house codes and RF,
Yeah, that would be good. Add conditional logic, Alexa connectivity, "New and Improved" AHP, Android and iOS apps where you can actually see the device names and we'd have a winner. That's probably too "pie in the sky". Besides I fear I will be in the ground or at least in a wheel chair wearing Depends and eating cream of wheat, by the time that gets here. <grin>
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2018, 05:50:24 PM »

rofl
Sadly we will never see a revised or updated AHP :( to much of the code is just too old or lost and the factory has no one left that has any idea of the cm15a internal workings.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2018, 06:10:12 PM »

If the hardware can't do what is being asked now there is no need for Authinx to have the protocol, this is a dead end device.

I wonder if the daughter board with all the horsepower and memory is strictly the WiFi interface, and the actual X10 control is being done by one of the 14 pin chips on the main board.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2018, 06:33:26 PM »

Maybe at this stage it would be worth someone's while sacrificing a unit to hack and see exactly what's going on under the hood.

Tucson

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2018, 06:55:51 PM »

-Fixed syncing issues between the WM100 and some iphones/ipads
-Added non-DST options to Dusk/Dawn Timers
-Increased Dawn/Dusk offsets to 5 minute increments (up to a max of 90 minutes)
I suspect this means the offsets will all be in 5 min increments
 >!

I would be happy if they deliver and update with no new problem and the above fixed. Yes, I’m disappointed to hear that this product with such great potential might not be developed. But it would get me back to a working configuration I had before all the updates(iOS and firmware)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2018, 07:03:01 PM »

I wonder if the daughter board with all the horsepower and memory is strictly the WiFi interface, and the actual X10 control is being done by one of the 14 pin chips on the main board.

Jeff
since the WM100 main board was original a modified PAT03 I would suspect this is the case and the wi-fi daughter board simply replaces the RF receiver with some extras.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2018, 07:11:59 PM »

since the WM100 main board was original a modified PAT03 I would suspect this is the case and the wi-fi daughter board simply replaces the RF receiver with some extras.

Wow, that would be unfortunate.  It explains the limitations with the current WM100.

I pulled the WiFi daughter board, and there are two 14-pin chips on the main board.  One is totally blank with no part number, and the other is underneath the power module.  That is soldered down, so I could't see a part number.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2018, 07:12:46 PM »

****** I've know DaveW for 11 years. He's been talking about those Depends the whole time. Think he figured he'd need them by this year all ready. It may be another 20 years before he actually does. (Try not to spit coffee through your nose)********
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2018, 07:23:44 PM »

Wow, that would be unfortunate.  It explains the limitations with the current WM100.

I pulled the WiFi daughter board, and there are two 14-pin chips on the main board.  One is totally blank with no part number, and the other is underneath the power module.  That is soldered down, so I couldn't see a part number.

Jeff
It could have been worse they could have used a TM751.
I also pulled the wi-fi daughter board from the newest WM100 build as there were obvious signs of a layout change I suspected maybe the chip with no makings would have something. It still doesn't however one of the chips has changed to a smaller one with a different identification #
About the only thing still the same is the daughter board ::) :' and who know what else the factory is going to change before the year is done B:(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2018, 07:28:12 PM »

I find it interesting. That the WM100 has an FCC ID number on it {Photo of back shows it on the X10 site} but as of yesterday it is not in the database.
Even if they chose everything Confidential. It should still be listed with the owners name and tested frequencies.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2018, 07:53:54 PM »

I find it interesting. That the WM100 has an FCC ID number on it {Photo of back shows it on the X10 site} but as of yesterday it is not in the database.
Even if they chose everything Confidential. It should still be listed with the owners name and tested frequencies.

Interestingly I compared  the FCC# on my old WM with the newest one it isn't the same. This appears to have changed since the original release as the FCC number is a extra sticker placed overtop the original sticker and states "contains FCC ID:  2AC7Z-ESPWROOM02"  :o
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2018, 08:14:05 PM »

Maybe at this stage it would be worth someone's while sacrificing a unit to hack and see exactly what's going on under the hood.
I have two Willy's (I mean WM100s) but mainly use only one, so will sacrifice one for the good of the group. Needs to go to someone who can really analyze it.   -:) Just tell me where to send it (Jeff? Dave? Tuice? Petera? etc.).
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2018, 08:18:47 PM »

Perhaps someone could put a scope on the connections between daughter board and main board.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.