📱X10 WIFI > 🧾Wish list

Dusk/Dawn Timers - Dusk ON at Certain Brightness for Dimmables

(1/2) > >>

jimklo:
I have my dimmable lamp module bedside lamp on a regular timer to come on in the morning at 30% so it wakes me but not my wife.

Both of our bedside lamps are also on DUSK ON timers.  I'd like the ability to have the DUSK ON come on at a specified brightness level for dimmable modules instead of full brightness.

JeffKLass:
AGREED.  I'm surprised and disappointed that the software designers did NOT include dimmability as an aspect of Dusk/Dawn setup as part of the initial app delivery. 

ceedee:
Maybe the SW needs to get into the public domain, so X10 programming wizards can get this app to where it needs to be.  I don’t see any other option.

dave w:
It isn't a software problem. *Most* X10 brand Wall Switches and Lamp Modules can not be turned on at a low level. The "2-Way" X10 module did understand the "Extended Dim" protocol, but because of their high cost, was not a good seller and X10 dropped production. However LMs and WS modules made since 2007 have the "resume dim" feature, where the WS or LM will come back on at it's last level.  If using AHP or other automation software, when turning the lamp off, first dim the lamp down to the level you want in the morning, then send a OFF. In the morning the module will come on at the dimmed level. 

There are some third party brands like Smarthome and X10 capable Insteon that do understand Extended Code and even earlier (but never incorporated) "Pre Set Dim" protocols. I do not know if the newest modules from Authinx can utilize the Extended Code. Other forum members may know.

Tuicemen:

--- Quote from: dave w on August 25, 2018, 11:27:47 AM ---It isn't a software problem. *Most* X10 brand Wall Switches and Lamp Modules can not be turned on at a low level. 

--- End quote ---
It kind of is a software issue as extended commands need to be sent to use the on to last state code.
I thought all the softstart switches had this feature. ::) :' I don't use dimming but seem to remember one of my softstart modules having this ability when used with AHP in tests.
From day one I tried to convince Authinx the need to send extended codes from the WM100 but my input on that was brushed away. :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version