📱X10 WIFI > 🏥Help & Trouble shooting

IOS Device: Cannot Sync

(1/6) > >>

michaelbushell:
One of the unsung useful features of the hub is the ability to log the X10 traffic. As X10 users we all know of the occasional light or appliance that suddenly goes on or goes off.

Having the Hub installed now for a couple of weeks, in conjunction with my CM15 (I haven't yet setup any Timers on the hub), the list few times I tried looking at the log, the Hub had trouble sync-ing. I've considered resting but I'm not  familiar with what that does, so I don't.

Any suggestions as to what to do? For Android, they say to unplug the unit, but who says the problem is the same.

I have now tried the scan process over a dozen times with varying success, sometimes the indicator of per cent completion of the data transmission actually begins - except that it stops and says try again. As I said, I have already successfully installed the Hub and this iPad but it started mohave trouble syncing -my iPhone continues to function.

I wish the software developer was reading this and could simply tell me whether it sounds like a bug with the iPad IOS and the HUB.

Saturday I am bringing my iPad to Apple to check it out but s my iPad does one wifi comunication with three other server based apps, I don't think Apple will find anything wrong with the iPad.

Knightrider:
I don't think anyone has made any use of the history function. Neither android or iOS.

michaelbushell:
I tried the WiFi wizard and went through scanning the QR code and now I can't even get the sync with that; meaning the iPAD app can no longer communicate with the hub. (up to now, I had no trouble using the iPad with the App.)

On the other hand, my iPhone continues to work fine with the App.

I tried deleting the app and reloading but no success.

Bill811:
Posted this to x10 Wi-Fi app for ios thread: Upgraded my iPad to iOS 11.3 and now registering the app consistently fails, using the iPad camera and also a very good photo of the QR code. Usually it fails right away, but occasionally will proceed to 7 or 14%. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted the iPad, resynced the WM100, in various orders. Works ok on my Android devices (except of course downloading history, which did work on the iPad when it was previously working).

michaelbushell:
Thanks Bill811 for your post and follow of the Sync problem on your iPad. Misery loves company, if nothing else. I, too had recently upgraded my iPad to 11.3, after I had installed the X10 App on it. I, too, made a number of better and better photos of the silly Scan code (couldn't they have certified any other way?!). And of course, my wife's and my iPhones continue to work even though they are on 11.3 too. I'm still going to go to the Apple genius bat next Saturday to give my IPAD a health test, and I will report this problem may have been created by Apple.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version