Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Replace ActiveHome  (Read 2173 times)

gkamieneski

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Replace ActiveHome
« on: April 08, 2018, 06:23:54 PM »

Those of you using the new X10 WiFi hub, do you find that it is capable of replacing ActiveHome? By that I mean can you store all the timers, scenes and macros in this new device and therefore do away with needing ActiveHomd and the CM15a?

thx,

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Replace ActiveHome
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 07:00:42 PM »

Those of you using the new X10 WiFi hub, do you find that it is capable of replacing ActiveHome? By that I mean can you store all the timers, scenes and macros in this new device and therefore do away with needing ActiveHomd and the CM15a?

We all have different set-ups. It's impossible for me to say (post) what needs of yours can be replaced with the WM-100. The WM-100 does do timers and scenes. But no action-triggered Macros.

I have a lot of admiration for the [now] old CM15A.... and still have a couple macros loaded on a CM15A plugged-in and running (unconnected to any PC) as a stand-alone. 
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 08:54:48 PM »

Timers and scenes are stored on the WM100
As Dave stated there are no Macros available yet.
However since this has more memory and storage space then the Cm15 when Macros do get introduced I expect them to be stored on the WM100 as well.

Since this is only a WI-FI - PLC controler any macros you now use with RF will not beable to be handled with the WM100.
RF devices/macros will still require the CM15
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

gkamieneski

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 09:13:32 PM »

Thank you both. Any macros I have running on the CM15a can probably be duplicated by scenes on the WM100 My Activehome recognizes that I have a security console, but that's it, it really does nothing with the relationship.

Sounds like I can replace my CM15a with the WM100 and have even greater functionality. I won't have RF functionality but can probably live without it.

SkipWX10

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 04:48:14 AM »

I am slowly trying to find the time to experiment more with the WM100...

Since it cannot store macros, I thought I would try something to at least use the app and wifi, which I find very handy since I have my phone in my pocket almost 24/7...

I have a macro in the CM15a that is triggered by an A11 On....so I loaded A11 into the WM100 and app. I can now hit A11 0n and the WM100 sends it over the power line and fires up the macro...

This may be old news to many of you, but I truly felt like a genius ;-)

akeene

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 05:21:39 PM »

That's the ticket !
I still keep it (CM15 ) in service for the log it keeps in AHP.
the WM100 is better at sending commands, but the CM15a can still react to events with macros.
Automation is easy.. " I know"  "RIGHT " Just push a button!
Is this the modern we grew up wishing for?
I still drive my 1953 MG TD.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.