Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: SBC inside a CM15A  (Read 15659 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: SBC inside a CM15A
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2021, 05:54:02 PM »

Didn't mount the DHT 22 in the CM15 as that would be too hot.
Currently it is just hanging out the bottom of the case about 3 inches untill I find something to place it in yet not effect its readings.
I have a AM2302 I plan to use for my off grid  pi/cm15 but not sure if I'll add it to the out side case or have it a bit away from the Cm15 mounted to a small short piece of white plastic pipe.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 06:14:56 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2021, 06:33:39 PM »

If it's measuring conditions inside, you don't need to put it in anything since it already includes an enclosure.  If you wanted to put it in something as an enclosure, I would recommend the BME280 and a simple container like a contact lens box with holes or similar.  These are low voltage devices so the enclosure isn't important.  Being that it's a DHT, you could just put it on the side with sticky tape.  Then again, since you opted for the model with the extra board, you will probably want to figure something to hide that.  It would be easiest if you desoldered the board and put some leads on it such that the board went inside and just heat shrink/electrical tape the exposed contacts where the leads were soldered on.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2021, 06:21:22 AM »

Being that it's a DHT, you could just put it on the side with sticky tape.  Then again, since you opted for the model with the extra board, you will probably want to figure something to hide that.  It would be easiest if you desoldered the board and put some leads on it such that the board went inside and just heat shrink/electrical tape the exposed contacts where the leads were soldered on.
Good Idea, there is a cool spot on the case. I have a few DHT11 sensors (if I can find them) that I can tear down as a trial run. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2021, 07:33:44 AM »

Just had a thought -:)
Since it realy is only the board that I need or want protected, what about using liquid electical tape?
I have some in Black but they do have it in white. It may even work to glue the sensor to the case. ::) :'
It certainly saves looking for a case or more solder work.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

npaisnel

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2021, 03:09:05 AM »

Hi
I am new here... but had x-10 for .... years.. well 2006-7

I will get to my question... but I’ll explain first if I may...

My CM12 seemed to die the other, Alexa and HA-Bridge / Heyu stopped responding.    That turned out to be a very easy fix... my RaspPi 3b+ was running a2Gb SD card and it was full... no more write space..  so heyu temp files would not write ... so getting an ‘ unable to send byte address’ error...   any way I digress !

I started looking for CM11/12 replacement as my spare did not work either... since it was the SD card error 😞

But I could find a CM15.

But Heyu does not drive that.

CM15 needs?   Mocha ?

Found the manpages for mochad, but that lost me ...  I need a ‘hold my hand and type this ‘ tutorial

So.... getting to my question

In the very first post of this thread there is mention of using a Pi, CM15 and HA-Bridge to allow Alexa control.

I currently have Alexa x-10 Control with the CM 12 , but would like to try the CM15 Route.   

But I have no idea how to actually set up Mochad.

I guess it works in place of heyu ?

So... FINALLY !

My question....

Any one have a good link to. Raspberry Pi HA-Bridge Mochad CM15 tutorial ... Google not helped.

I’ve got the spare Pi, I have the CM15 .. all the Gear... no idea 😞☹️

Thanks .. for those of you that got to the end !

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2021, 07:32:38 AM »

This is a tutorial but you may find it useful.
I had created a pi image doing what you wished.
http://forums.tuicemen.net/index.php?board=122.0
I never liked using mochad for my home automaton. You may also wish to look at HomeGenie(HG). HA-Bridge has a helper for it so intergration is very simple.

HG will work with the cm11, cm15,and cm19 as well can use other protocols.
HG has timers & schedualing like heyu. The community put together a PiX10Hub image that includes HG and HA-Bridge.
https://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=30714.0
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2022, 11:46:28 AM »

My pi zeroW  has been performing well in the moded CM15As at both my off grid place and city residence. Even the one with the addon hat for the extra USB full size ports.
Today I decided it is maybe time for an upgrade and ordered a zerro 2w. It will go into a CM15A too but have yet to decide if it will actually replace one of the older zerro w boards or placed in a different CM15A.  ::) :' I'm sure I'll want the full size USB port add on hat for it.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2022, 04:22:03 PM »

My new Zero W 2 board arrived last week so I've been playing with it a bit deciding just what I want to do with it.
I've been running net core from it and loaded the Raspi 64 bit lite OS to it.
I even ran it from a USB 3 thumb drive with an adaptor not that there is a benefit of the USB 3 as the board only has a USB 2 mini.
I decided to go with a different USB hat then that what is on one of my other boards.
This one has 4 full sized USB 2 ports and the option to power it and the pi from a mini port on it or use the one on the Pi.
https://www.amazon.com/MakerSpot-Stackable-Raspberry-Connector-Bluetooth/dp/B01IT1TLFQ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=4P9O8FNQXMHV&keywords=4+port+pi+hat&qid=1644872427&sprefix=4+port+pi+hat%2Caps%2C206&sr=8-4
This means I have to mod another CM15 case but I'll have easy access to 3 of the 4 USB ports.
Once I have this put together I'll post some pics.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.