Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Unable to Connect to Server  (Read 777 times)

gkamieneski

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Unable to Connect to Server
« on: January 19, 2024, 10:15:28 AM »

2 nights ago my WM100 stopped working, or at least stopped connecting to my WiFi. I have tried setup and even resetting to factory settings using the QR code on the back of the unit, but fails to connect to the server. The Wifi network is 2.4Ghz.

What is additionally strange is that at the same time, I had 3 WiFi lighting control modules dettach from WiFi and I have been unable to get them back online as well. All these coincidentally share similar setup methods. All other wired and WiFi devices in the home are showing to issues.

My logs are showing a couple of DoS ACK attacks. Would these have had any impact on these smart devices?

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: Unable to Connect to Server
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 11:26:48 AM »

I can't answer that specific question but, from what you describe with the other devices, I'd try rebooting the router and making sure it's updated to the latest firmware. Do you have different SSID's for 2.4G & 5G? If not, I'd set that up rather than rely on the router's 'smart' feature.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 08:41:24 PM by brobin »

gkamieneski

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Unable to Connect to Server
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 03:13:59 PM »

I was able to resurrect my WM100. Turns out it was connected to a bridge router that was getting connectivity over powerline and was somehow disconnected. Once this issue resolved, I was able to bring the WM100 back to its original configuration.

What I cannot answer is why it wouldn't let me bring it online as a new device, i.e., I've got it where I want it, but reinitiating setup or factory reset failed to work.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.