Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is there an X10 device, which can SEND "All Unit Off", or specific address off  (Read 1994 times)

Ardi

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I use a PSC01 to turn on the flood light, for example,
but after 20 minutes, I want to send an X10 code to turn OFF the flood light, via turn "All Unit Off", or via turn OFF specific address.

I do not have an issue with the timer or sending the X10 code.  I just do not know which X10 device can receive a code and send an X10 code to turn off.

Tks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

The PSC01 is a security type module. What is triggering it and what is the Mode Switch set to? The Mode Switch determines what is sent with the controlling signal going On and Off.

You want the turn Off a flood light. Turned on by a PSC01. Twenty minutes later?

What controller are you using now besides the PSC01 turning On the flood light?

You mentioned a timer. Is that a timer in a CM15A or maybe a CM11A or a table top controller you can set the On Off times in?

It maybe possible with a CM15A and AHP to see the On sent by the PSC01 and then send an Off twenty minutes later.

If you send an All Units Off command. Every X10 device set to the House Code sent will go Off. Not just the flood lights.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 05:14:54 PM by Brian H »

Ardi

○ A photo cell beam is triggering the PSC01
   ○ PSC01 is set to Input: A, Mode: 3
   ○ For testing, I use a AM466 with a light bulb attached to it, which turns on upon receiving the A1.
         § PSC01 sends an A1 ON command to a WS12A, which in turn gives power to the flood light. 
   ○ When I press the F2 to see the Activity Monitor in CM15A, I see the following.  (see attachedment)
   ○ At this point, the light bulb connected to AM466 is on.  And I want to turn it off after 20 minutes.

FYI.  The part which works, and it is not part of the question.  I bought a "timer board", which has nothing to do with X10 devices, and connected the "timer board" to a UM506.  UM506 gets activate when it received the A1 code, which in turn activate the "timer board".  The "timer board" wakes up in 20 minutes and activate another PSC01 to send another X10 command to turn off the light bulb.  This is where I am stuck.   (hypothetically, if I find such an X10 device to send "All Unit Off", or turn off the AM466 at an specific address, that would do the trick).  (UM506 & the timer board works fine.  The Q. is that, now I have a flood light which is ON, and I want to turn it OFF in 20 minutes.

I have a very simple 2 line macro via CM15A, which sends "All Unit Off" after xx seconds/minutes, and if it is "Run from PC", it works fine, but it does NOT work from the "Store in Interface", when the PC is off.  I want the "Store in interface" since I do not want to leave the PC on 24x7.  That is why I am looking for alternative solution to turn off the flood light. (see attachement)

Unrelated to the Q.  I could not find much documentations as to how to setup triggers in CM15A, etc.

Brian H

• Community Organizer

Thank you for the details on what you have and want to do.

I am not an AHP user and may have been thinking of a Smart Macro. I see from what you are posting. Yours only runs from the computer and will not store in the interface.

I will see if I can find anything and others may also have thoughts on the setup.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 12:23:58 PM by Brian H »

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157

Ardi, In the macro you show the trigger to be A1 OFF.  If I understand what you're trying to do correctly, wouldn't you want that checked as ON instead?  That would change it to: IF A1 On: THEN DELAY 30 sec & send All Units Off.

Ardi

Hi Brobin,

I agree, it makes sense to set the trigger at "A1 ON".  For some reason, the "Activity Monitor" does not see any "A1 ON" command on the line, and even though the light bulb goes ON fine. 

I have additional X1 command which get sent on the wire, perhaps too fast, which is causing A1 ON not to show on the Activity Monitor.

More detail.  I have an A16 which is send right after A1 ON, via UM506 & PSC01, and I think that is too fast for the "Activity Monitor" to record or to see.  In the photo attachment of Activity Monitor, I disconnected the UM506 so that I do not create confusion when I ask the Q.

Tks
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 04:58:34 PM by Ardi »

Brian H

• Community Organizer

In Mode 3 there is an On sent when the trigger input is closed and an Off when it is opened.
Maybe the input trigger is short and the Off steps on the On partially sent..

You could have a communications problem but I would think it would effect more than On. We have seen On but not Off. That can sometimes be traced to the load being noisy and the Off gets missed.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.