💬General Category > General Discussion

Software

(1/4) > >>

ekraus:
Somewhere there has to be old versions of software to operate controllers.
I have
2 - 1132CU (1 New)
2 - 1132U
1 - 2414U
1 - CM11A
1 - 1132B
They all work
I have Smarthome Manager Version 5.3.18 (That will run in win 10)
ActiveHome 3.318

There must be someone that has a large variety of software other then what i have.
What i am looking for is software to operate the 1132U and the 2414U. Like the smarthome timer software or others

Brian H:
You looking for the Smarthome Timer program, for the 2414U,2814U? I will look and see if I can still find it. As it is long gone from Smarthome.

Efundies had their own. Probably also needs the SDM3.308 Smarthome Device Manager program. The Smarthome one has a version of SDM in the download.
https://efundies.com/guides/insteon/software/insteon_timer_configs/insteon_timer_configs_page_1.htm
https://efundies.com/guides/

For the 1132U. Are you looking for the Direct Control program Synapse?

ekraus:
Thanks. Allot of the old software I had wont run in the new windows environment. + I cant find most of it
I went to Synapse and didn't find any thing that would work with the 1132U.
Problem is the 1132CU has worked for years and now is acting up. I am about to get rid of it all and move to
SONOFF and some other WIFI equipment. I am done with the scenes and macros. Just need to control a couple of loads.
Pool Pump, WH, Landscape, etc. Only one dimable load. I have quite a bit of X10 stuff going back to the 80's.

Tuicemen:
Before you move to sonoff and other Wi-fi enabled modules beware a lot of these don't have local control if your internet is down you can't switch your loads.
You can get around this with the sonoff modules by flashing them with other firmware which I've done.

ekraus:
You know I have had the x10 hardware working since 1981. Lately I have struggled getting anything to work reliably.
I have leviton modules rated at 208 to 240V for loads to 30A. I have modified appliance modules to turn on landscape
and other exterior lights. If you ever have seen Radio Shack (brown) modules I have them that still work. What PO's me is the
devices still work using Palm Remotes and wireless transceivers. But the dam 1132cu has become totally unreliable.
My phases are bridged by capacitors. But I think the CFL's and LED devices cause so much interference its killing the ability
to transmit the signals on the zero cross. And its intermittent. I hesitate to buy a new isy99i and i'll be damed to buy any insteon
stuff. I was a dealer when it first came out and they didn't have there act together. The hardware would burn out regularly and
they didn't have a standalone interface. I'm just frustrated with all of it. I though about the sonoff flash but I want something that
won't break the bank. For me at my age a smarthome is, Timer control of WH, some inside lights, pumps, outside lights, and a couple of other loads and thats all. I am not interested in Android control, temperature control, cameras or alarm. I did all the stuff when i was a kid. I suspect I am going to end up with each device having its own analog or digital control and the rest i'll have to suffer with manually using Palm Remotes and wireless transceivers.
PS I am a retired electrical contractor and was a senior engineer at BellSouth. If someone has any ideas for some simple solution I am open to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version