Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Software  (Read 3487 times)

ekraus

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Software
« on: June 15, 2018, 01:50:31 AM »

Somewhere there has to be old versions of software to operate controllers.
I have
2 - 1132CU (1 New)
2 - 1132U
1 - 2414U
1 - CM11A
1 - 1132B
They all work
I have Smarthome Manager Version 5.3.18 (That will run in win 10)
ActiveHome 3.318

There must be someone that has a large variety of software other then what i have.
What i am looking for is software to operate the 1132U and the 2414U. Like the smarthome timer software or others

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Software
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 02:08:02 AM »

You looking for the Smarthome Timer program, for the 2414U,2814U? I will look and see if I can still find it. As it is long gone from Smarthome.

Efundies had their own. Probably also needs the SDM3.308 Smarthome Device Manager program. The Smarthome one has a version of SDM in the download.
https://efundies.com/guides/insteon/software/insteon_timer_configs/insteon_timer_configs_page_1.htm
https://efundies.com/guides/

For the 1132U. Are you looking for the Direct Control program Synapse?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 04:59:35 AM by Brian H »

ekraus

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 11:13:55 AM »

Thanks. Allot of the old software I had wont run in the new windows environment. + I cant find most of it
I went to Synapse and didn't find any thing that would work with the 1132U.
Problem is the 1132CU has worked for years and now is acting up. I am about to get rid of it all and move to
SONOFF and some other WIFI equipment. I am done with the scenes and macros. Just need to control a couple of loads.
Pool Pump, WH, Landscape, etc. Only one dimable load. I have quite a bit of X10 stuff going back to the 80's.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 12:02:34 PM »

Before you move to sonoff and other Wi-fi enabled modules beware a lot of these don't have local control if your internet is down you can't switch your loads.
You can get around this with the sonoff modules by flashing them with other firmware which I've done.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ekraus

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 12:20:47 PM »

You know I have had the x10 hardware working since 1981. Lately I have struggled getting anything to work reliably.
I have leviton modules rated at 208 to 240V for loads to 30A. I have modified appliance modules to turn on landscape
and other exterior lights. If you ever have seen Radio Shack (brown) modules I have them that still work. What PO's me is the
devices still work using Palm Remotes and wireless transceivers. But the dam 1132cu has become totally unreliable.
My phases are bridged by capacitors. But I think the CFL's and LED devices cause so much interference its killing the ability
to transmit the signals on the zero cross. And its intermittent. I hesitate to buy a new isy99i and i'll be damed to buy any insteon
stuff. I was a dealer when it first came out and they didn't have there act together. The hardware would burn out regularly and
they didn't have a standalone interface. I'm just frustrated with all of it. I though about the sonoff flash but I want something that
won't break the bank. For me at my age a smarthome is, Timer control of WH, some inside lights, pumps, outside lights, and a couple of other loads and thats all. I am not interested in Android control, temperature control, cameras or alarm. I did all the stuff when i was a kid. I suspect I am going to end up with each device having its own analog or digital control and the rest i'll have to suffer with manually using Palm Remotes and wireless transceivers.
PS I am a retired electrical contractor and was a senior engineer at BellSouth. If someone has any ideas for some simple solution I am open to it.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 12:35:22 PM »

You can likely solve the signal issues with an XTB-IIR and some filters.  Worth a try! http://jvde.us/xtb-iir.htm

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 01:58:51 PM »

Oh yes. The XTB-IIR is a great X10 phase coupler/repeater.
Mine hits both incoming power lines with over 10 volts of X10 signals when read by my XTBM test meter. That has a 9.99 volt readout.
My lowest X10 signal is about 1.2 volts. Even in locations with known signal suckers connected and not filtered.
It also respects Insteon and not step on it. As I have a mix of Insteon and X10 devices in my home.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 02:12:10 PM »

...i'll be damed to buy any insteon stuff. I was a dealer when it first came out and they didn't have there act together.
Agreed - I had a developer's license in the beginning but when they made all their early modules obsolete (about 1 year in) I dropped out and never looked back.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 02:04:55 AM »

I also paid for access to the Developers Group and the documentation that seem rarely to be updated.

Then one day. It disappeared with no warning. For awhile all the documentation I paid to access. Was available for download by anyone. Then gone again.

If they ever started another Developers Group. If so I was not invited.

Now that Richmond Capital Partners bought Smartlabs and Smarthome about a year ago. Who knows what direction they will take.

I still have a mixture of Insteon modules that could accept X10 addresses and X10.

ekraus

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 03:14:42 AM »

The XTB-IIR looks interesting. For years I have been using Orange Drop capacitors .1uF 600V to bridge the phases.
I did find out one thing with the smarthome software sequences don't seem to work. After starting to have communication problems
I tried using sequences several different ways all to no avail. I would do a several sunset trigger action at increments of 1 minute. I started monitoring the events a couple of days ago and found the sequence issue. Needless to say I have to decide if I want to abandon X10
or spend another couple of hundred bucks on it. The other scenario is WIFI with 433MHz wireless. I really appreciate the help!

ekraus

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2018, 03:20:26 AM »

You know its a shame that the x10 technology is just about abandoned. When they put in extended codes and 2 way communication
it looked like a real winner. But no one ever wrote software to really take advantage of that. The one thing I hated was there were only
really 2 standalone controllers way back. I should have bit the bullet and built a standalone PC using a cheap laptop (battery back)
with an interface module.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2018, 03:45:13 AM »

You know its a shame that the x10 technology is just about abandoned.
Authinx is attempting to change that.
The introduction of several new modules with AGS and stronger transmitters has made some take a second look.

X10WTIs philosophy of make it cheaper resulted in poor modules and many abandoning the technology.
The make it cheaper philosophy was seen by the factory as make it better meaning make it cheaper.
Authinx has worked hard to change the factories concept so now "Make it better' does  not mean "Make it cheaper".

Saddly the maket was flooded with these cheap unreliable modules and are still floating arround mixing the new with the old cheap modules is what many are doing. And although better then having all old modules in operation the reliability isn't there without taking extra steps.

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 121
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2018, 04:50:20 AM »

Saddly the maket was flooded with these cheap unreliable modules and are still floating around mixing the new with the old cheap modules is what many are doing. And although better then having all old modules in operation the reliability isn't there without taking extra steps.

The old modules can be quite reliable with adequate signal strength and low powerline noise.  That is what I have been addressing for the last decade.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2018, 04:59:02 AM »

Exactly what I was trying to convey with the extra setp comment.
Each protocol I've tried required extra work to improve their reliabiity in my setup.
Granted I've not tried many unless it offered something X10 couldn't supply.

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2018, 05:40:59 AM »

You know its a shame that the x10 technology is just about abandoned......

I am not sure that is true!

X10 is not just the original Home Automation technology.... for decades X10 was absolutely the most popular. I see posts here all the time where people with decades old (reliable) X10 setups return to the forum. Drawn back.... looking to maybe integrate the new tech into their old X10 system. There may actually be millions of X10 users out there.

Sure... most X10 users may just be small problem-solving setups that control a light or two. But it is still likely that MOST Home Automation... is still X10. THAT is a long way from... abandoned.

X10 is simple and reliable. The old CM15A provides huge (stand alone or PC assist) abilities, and the new WM100 puts X10 on a phone... for world-wide use. With the right equipment or software X10 integrates with everything else.... even Amazons cloud-based, voice controlled, AI.
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.