🛡Home Security > Problems and Troubleshooting

x10 security device alarm auto triggers when set up to OBI200 Google voice

(1/3) > >>

Robotux:
My x10 home security seems to be auto triggered when alarm is set on the device which is connected to a phone base attached to the OBI200 device.  Can't seem to locate what event is triggering the device. It all was working with a Magic Jack device before I switched over.   The problem is the alarm automatically gets triggered when set after 30 seconds standard delay.  Any ideas what to do?

I have the OBI200 phone jack goes to a splitter that plugs in the phone base and the x10 device.   I've tried every other combination, but ever time the alarm is set, 30 seconds later it triggers the alarm.  The only triggers is a motion detector facing the wall, so it's something other than the sensor.

Brian H:
Do you know the model number of the security console? SC1200 or maybe the older DS700?

Since it worked with a Magic Jack but not the OBI200. You may want to try connecting the security consoles phone line cord through a DSL filter. To the OBDI200. Some folks had reported a DSL filter helped.

Robotux:
SC12a 

this is an older Radio Shack model.

The DSL is a suggestion I didn't know about. I'll pick up one, give it a try and report back.  Best,

Brian H:
From you description.
It sounds like you have the Radio Shack 49-1000 security kit.
The console in it was a earlier version of the SC12 console. X10 made for Radio Shack.

You may want to do an advanced search for maybe the DSL or DSL Filter keywords.  In the two Security related sections here. I found two pages of hits.

Tuicemen:
Filters should be used on all phone devices when using a DSL connection usually the ISP provides one, you need to ask for additional ones.
I've not been charged when I asked for additional filters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version