Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WM100 MAC Address  (Read 2219 times)

mvwarlick

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
WM100 MAC Address
« on: June 24, 2018, 01:21:29 PM »

How can I identify the MAC address of my WM100? My WIFI network uses MAC address filtering. Thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: WM100 MAC Address
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 01:25:14 AM »

There are a few ways to discover the mac address.
The App will show you the IP and port the WM100 is using in the history page take note of the IP.

1:Some routers will display what IP s are connected some not just find the ip of the WM100.

2: Down load an app like Advanced Port Scanner and scan your network.
Advanced Port Scanner will display IPs, Ports, and mac addresses of devices connected to your network.
Since you know the WM100 ip and port scroll down the list till you find it.

3: from command line type ping followed by the WM100
once done type arp -a  and enter scroll down the list till you find the WM100 IP to the right will be the mac address.
 >!

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 03:25:25 AM »

First, turn off MAC filtering so the WM100 can connect. Then you can see the MAC address in your router's listing of connected devices. Or you can use Who's On My WiFi to see all MACs. Once you have the MAC of the WM100, enter it in your router's list of approved connections. Finally, turn MAC filtering back on.
The link above is to the Windows version of Who's On My WiFi. There's also an Android app.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 03:32:12 AM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 04:28:02 AM »

First, turn off MAC filtering so the WM100 can connect. Then you can see the MAC address in your router's listing of connected devices.
Not all routers will report connected devices.
My city router only displaces some connected devices and that is hit or miss depending on if their connected via wi-fi or ethernet.
My Off grid router doesn't display any connected devices wi-fi or eithernet. ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 05:51:31 AM »

Not all routers will report connected devices.
I suspect any that offer MAC filtering do but I also linked to Who's On My WiFi in case they don't. Of course, Authinx should show it on the WM100.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 05:55:33 AM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 06:19:52 AM »

Of course, Authinx should show it on the WM100.
I agree and surprised they don't.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mvwarlick

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 12:49:43 PM »

Thanks for everyone's input. After spending an afternoon trying to get this unit to connect, I gave up and decided to return it. IMHO, it's not ready for general home use. First, I turned off MAC addressing. Didn't connect. Then, I tried WPS. Didn't connect. Then I turned off all WIFI security. Still didn't connect. I then spent a while reconfiguring everything back to normal. I have multiple Airport Extreme access points, a 35 digit WPA2 password, etc., so this was a major PITA. I guess it's time to look for a more commercial solution (maybe one with built-in WIFI or an ethernet connection...).

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 02:58:26 AM »

Thanks for everyone's input. After spending an afternoon trying to get this unit to connect, I gave up and decided to return it. IMHO, it's not ready for general home use. First, I turned off MAC addressing. Didn't connect. Then, I tried WPS. Didn't connect. Then I turned off all WIFI security. Still didn't connect. I then spent a while reconfiguring everything back to normal. I have multiple Airport Extreme access points, a 35 digit WPA2 password, etc., so this was a major PITA. I guess it's time to look for a more commercial solution (maybe one with built-in WIFI or an ethernet connection...).
By any chance, is your WiFi running at 5 GHz (instead of 2.4 GHz)? Last I heard, the WM100 only works on 2.4 GHz WiFi.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.