Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: It worked for flight  (Read 925 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
It worked for flight
« on: July 05, 2018, 02:18:34 PM »

The Wright Brothers (and many others) tried diligently to be the first in flight (heavier than air, aircraft)… possibly inspired by the 50,000-franc Deutsche-Archdeacon prize. Now Amazon is attempting to inspire others to advance human-computer interaction (chatbots) to advance the AI technology. The Alexa prize.... is a cool 3.5 million dollars.

Link:  https://developer.amazon.com/alexaprize
Home Automation is an always changing technology

BackAgain

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: It worked for flight
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 07:46:22 PM »

I'd be perfectly content if people would abandon Bezo's ambitions to dominate the world and send him into abject poverty.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 02:34:07 AM »

DARPA has been doing those type of prizes forever.  Interesting that a private company sees benefit in doing something similar.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 04:53:21 AM »

But to me...… I read this... and I find myself realizing that it is only a matter of time....

That I get a text message on my phone while driving home. The car realizes the text is from my Home and suggests (over the cars speakers) that it read the message to me. The message it reads: Says the car reports being homeward bound and only 30 minutes away from home. Yet the AC is off, and the homes inside temperature is uncomfortably warm. And the home would like to know if I would like the AC turned on.

TRUE STORY: We were at the wife's daughters home yesterday... when I got the garage door chime on my phone. I looked at the phone and it showed the garage door was open. I double checked by looking at the security camera app (one camera is IN the garage). Sure enough.... we'd forgot to close the garage door. So I closed the door using the myQ app.

This stuff is just going to get better.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.