📱X10 WIFI > 🗯General Discussion

The WM100 will surely fail...

(1/8) > >>

ekraus:
The WM100 will surely fail if the developer doesn't get his or her act together. It could be a great product for X10 hardware.
I may leave it in for remote commands but i have 2 palm remotes so really don't need it. I have been testing the SONOFF hardware using stringfi and IFTTT.
I really only have one dimable light left but can live with ON/OFF. The SONOFF hardware works OK, I have even modified a 433Mhz remote makeing
it into a wall switch. If the WM100 doesn't have some kind of burst feature then it probably won't work for me. With my 1132CU I send the commands 3 times 2 seconds apart. It works for me.

Tuicemen:
The Sonoff hardware has been solid for me. Unfortunately their software has also been slow to develop ( maybe that is a China thing) I ended up flashing the safe voltage module just to get local control and Alexa integration. They now have a skill available but last time I tried local control it still wasn't available in their app. I do like the new looping timer option.

ekraus:
I thought about flashing the sonoff modules. But I don't want to write any code anymore. Been there done that.
I have to rely on the younger generation to do it. + at least sonoff is gaining popularity. Its tough enough using ewlink with IFTTT and Stringfi.
But the stuff works. I also like WIFI. I think its the way to go. Unfortunately there are to many different technologies available to smarten up your home.
Which one do you pick, do you co mingle? I gave up years ago when the blasted out Insteon. I was a dealer and the hardware was less then stellar.
It was pain to implement and the modules were junk. I must have returned 20 for warranty. Still have some that burned out years ago. I almost became a Control4 dealer, the stuff was great,But expensive. I think X10 is great with the extended protocol.
But for reliability the software has to be written to use that. And you need 2way modules. Its simple but doesn't seem to rocket science. Issue and ON command then send out a status request. If it comes back Status is off send the On command again. Simple loops would make the whole system more reliable. I still think WIFI is the way to go. And Sonoff got it right with the addition of 433MHz.

Tuicemen:
You really have to mix protocols to get everything you want in HA although Sonoff continues to develop boards for different purposes.
I used a already available firmware (there are a few available) to flash to my Sonoff as I too didn't wish to create my own.

JeffVolp:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on June 27, 2018, 01:33:50 AM ---Unfortunately their software has also been slow to develop ( maybe that is a China thing)
--- End quote ---

I'm starting to believe that is the case.  I've been looking at an inexpensive solder reflow oven.  Apparently the firmware that runs it is junk, and someone has written their own version.  Many of the reviews say that it is a good unit after the mod.

I'm afraid the WM100 will not reach its potential if Authinx continues to allow China to dictate how its software evolves.

Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version